Disturbing Execution by Police in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by chickenxnuggetz91, Dec 4, 2015.

1. chickenxnuggetz91

chickenxnuggetz91 What kind of sauce?

Obviously, police are known for using lethal force when there is absolutely no reason to. This apparently happened Wednesday, December 3. As far as I know, the victim only had a knife and appears to not be a threat against 10+ officers. As you can see in this video, and others from different angles, there was no reason to open fire. I do not know about you, but I'm incredibly shaken by this.......and cops wonder why people don't feel safe around them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD82mMIs5Ao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq-BwvRHb5w

I really don't want this thread to turn into anything racial. I think the issue is that there are too many police officers ready to pull a trigger before safely apprehending a suspect. Taser? Mace? Waiting patiently for the suspect to come quietly after the knife is dropped? What kind of training are these cops put through to carry a badge and a gun? They are not even taught law for :poop: sake!

The reason I find this disturbing is not that I'm seeing someone get ripped to shreds by bullets (although that is obviously tragic), but the fact that police blatantly do not care. Anyone who even half-way pays attention to news or social media should know when a cop is around, cameras turn on. We see so much of this now, and cops know they are being watched and filmed. They don't care. I find that frightening.

2. Eliguy666

Eliguy666 V's are Just Better

I mean, American police do not have a good history with race and discounting the involvement of race in this case is a bit hasty. While police officers are violent and hasty to people of all races, Black, Latino, and Native-American people tend to get the short end of the stick.

Police in general need to be taught deescalation, responsibility, gun-safety, and non-lethal deterrence. If they want to be crusaders or ideologues, they can do it from a prison cell.

3. Faldoe

Faldoe SS.org Regular

I just don't get why they - or one of them (the officers), can't just shoot the guy in the leg(s). That is surely going to immobilize them.

Was there an initial shot that was a bullet or bean bag? You hear a 'pop' and the guy continues to talk.