Digitech "The Drop": Has anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by GÜMERSINDO, Jan 16, 2016.

1. big_aug

big_aug SS.org Regular

Only thing that bothered me is hearing the strings and the amp at the same time at lower volumes.

2. GÜMERSINDO

GÜMERSINDO SS.org Regular

I´ve been using for almost a year with an HD 400 and works fine, going 1/2 or a full step down you shouldn´t have problems.

3. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

using it for over a year n half, plus some extra years before with the morpheus.

I curently playing using a Line6 Firehawk. The pedal is the first thing on my chain, then the pedal board. This pedal changes the tune of the guitar (so basically treat it like a guitar), so whatever you do, place it first in any chain. You dont want to "drop" the frequencies of a delay/distorsion/chorus/ect.

for only 1-2 semitones you would barely notice any drastic change in tone. This pedal drops down everything, including pick attack, harmonics ect, reason why the lower you go the "worse" it gets as all the high end harmonics wont be there anymore.

Also I notice when I use it for 5 semi-tones (making a 7 string), it works best with a dedicated EQ patch for it to compensate for the loss in high freq

4. TonyFlyingSquirrel

TonyFlyingSquirrel Cherokee Warrior

Same here on the HD500X.
    I have a C# tuning preset for learning old Black Sabbath riffs, and it works quite well.

As said though, gotta tweak eq to compensate for high end loss, roll off some low end to tighten it up a bit.

5. blacai

blacai SS.org Regular

Thanks for the clarifications. I don't plan on going down like a 7 string so it shouldn't be a problem.

6. vejichan

vejichan SS.org Regular

I want to play periphery songs but myguitar is instandard. What's the best way with this pedal?

7. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

well they have a lot of Drop C 6 string songs?. It really depends what Periphery tracks in particular.

If you want to do Drop C, then put your guitar into Drop D then active the pedal to take you down to C.

you start going too low and the sound will suck bigtime. Like in that case just using a 7 or 8 string would be easier.

8. rexbinary

rexbinary MOD King Contributor

I have two six strings, one tuned to E standard and one tuned to Drop D. I also have two seven strings, one tuned to B standard and one tuned to Drop A. This way using the Drop pedal I can cover most any standard or drop tunings I might want.

9. StrmRidr

StrmRidr Hide your Jacksons

I have one and I use it all the time. However as others have said, you don't really want to go down more than 3 half steps since your tone will begin to suffer.