Diablo III

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Cadavuh, Sep 5, 2011.

1. metaljohn

metaljohn SS's Only Dick Butt

After spending some time in the PTR, I can safely say that a Marauder and a Shadow/Marauder hybrid build will be my choices for Season 5.

I might make a few builds around the LoN set. I'll wait until they nerf it to test how solid build can be.

2. tacotiklah

tacotiklah I am Denko (´・ω・`)

Right now, a blessed shield Crusader with LoN simply wrecks the hell out of everything.
    I'm with a few other people that are trying to get the blizz team to add dual-wielding melee weapons as another 6piece benefit. Maybe an additional fan of knives buff.

But having an assassin-type Demon Hunter build would be baws af. :yesway:

3. tacotiklah

Aaaaaand season 5 is now live on the PTR. :woohoo:

4. tacotiklah

A few days in and already botters and cheats have topped most of the leaderboards. I feel like this game is quickly becoming something that I really should stop playing. New patch looks awesome, but I'm seeing people brazenly post about downloading hacks to where the game plays itself while they sleep. Wtf is even the point of playing the game?

Blizzard, how the might have fallen...

5. asher

asher So Did We

If you like playing, play?

At least the botters aren't destroying the game's economy, since there's no AH.

6. metaljohn

Looks like I'm gonna have to steer clear of the PTR. Since Season 5 went live, my game will randomly freeze after playing a few hours (with no lag leading up to that) and I'm not able to do anything. I can't exit the window, I can't ctrl+alt+delete, nothing. I have to shut my computer off manually to exit the game.

It's really weird.

7. tacotiklah

I picked the game back up after kinda sitting it out for a bit and guise...

I made it. I made the top 1,000 in the PTR for seasonal achievements:

[​IMG]

I can haz cookie naow? :D

11/28 edit:

I just one upped that with something even better. Came VERY close to breaking the top 500 barbarian builds:

[​IMG]

Most of them are running Might of the Earth set with a couple of Immortal King pieces and doing boulder toss ad nauseam. I'm running the nerfed to hell Legacy of Nightmares ring set and I have an uber crazy fast frenzy barb build. Does 2.99 attacks/second. Visuals can't even keep up with how fast I'm hitting enemies.
    I now formally request ALLLLLL the cookies. :flex:

8. metaljohn

I pretty much only play DH, WD and Wiz (might try Firebirds next season, along with multiple DH builds), but I think I found the WD build to fit my playstyle... which is lazy

9. tacotiklah

Oh yeah, season 5 goes live tomorrow at 5pm pacific time. Who's gonna be rifting this season?

10. asher

asher So Did We

I might actually check it out with my friend when the big patch hits.

11. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

Wizard and Witch Doctor are the only to classes I haven't really done, so probably one of those 2.

12. tacotiklah

Well patch 2.4 is live right now. So if you have non-seasonal characters, you can access the new content with them right now. As a heads up, it seems that a recent hotfix (pc version afaik) inadvertently broke carnevil for the witch doctor, with people reporting that their fetishes aren't firing darts like they're supposed to. Sucks too, because LoN Carn is one of the top witch doctor builds right now.

13. ferret

ferret Not worthy

I mostly did crusader for season 4, with a little witch doctor. Didn't go all that far in the end cause I tend to feel I've "seen what I came to see" after a while.

Might run a wizard this time.

14. asher

asher So Did We

Oh, oops. Need to stop grinding sPVP in GW2 soon then :lol:

15. tacotiklah

So I was just having a bit of fun with some new in-game friends and I completely reorganized my multishot demon hunter into a melee one. Spent a few hours prior leveling up legendary gems for the build and using my high level legendary gems from the UE build for the new Caldesann's recipe for dex stat boosts.
    I helped them with a T10 vault run and then we started doing grifts. They hadn't gotten to see a melee demon hunter in action yet as they haven't found any pieces of the revamped shadows set.

We're on a 4 person lvl 50 grift and we get to the boss Sand Shifter. To see how powerful the impale skill is with the new set, they all hold back and let me 1v1 this boss. First impale takes boss hp down 1/4 of the bar. Next one drops it by 3/4 and kills him. We're talking over 100 BILLION damage in one hit. It was completely insane. :eek:

Season 5 is gonna rock so hard. I'm pumped! :D :flex:

16. metaljohn

I'll be grinding my new DH as soon as I get home from work.

edit: okay I lied, I'm gonna do my tax return first lol

17. tacotiklah

Rolled a hardcore DH and died right when I got to level 65. :( :( :(

Rolled a regular core impale DH and have all of shadow set. I'm getting 25-50B crits with impale. It's to the point where when I'm partied up with some friends, they make a game to see how many hits it takes for me to kill the rift guardian. They don't even attack the rift guardian, they just let me do it. Two hits is the average, though I've gotten one shots before.

Did an Uber run with friends and literally one shotted uber siegebreaker. One friend thought the game was bugged and insta-killed him by mistake. Had to explain the power of my daggers to him. :rofl:

18. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

I started with a monk, but got bored quickly while levelling (seriously...can we just start at level 70 for seasons?) and rolled up a DH to run an impale build. Then I read Jess' posts. This. This will be fun.

19. metaljohn

I keep seeing posts about people already being several hundred paragon levels in already (on reddit). I played for about 4 hours on Friday and barely got to lvl 43 (not paragon). .... be cray.

20. ferret

ferret Not worthy

Someone spill or link me the details on this magic DH impale voodoo.