Diablo III

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Cadavuh, Sep 5, 2011.

1. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

Cheers!

Up to torment IV today. Seem to be doing well so far..

2. tacotiklah

tacotiklah I am Denko (´・ω・`)

Double bounty caches for this weekend on all platforms! If you were hurting for cube materials, then this is the weekend for you to stock up.

3. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Love you dude!

4. metaljohn

metaljohn SS's Only Dick Butt

Almost reaching the 1 billion crit damage mark on my DH... I just need to drop an ancient Yang's Recurve and a few other ancients to make it.

I'm also going to make a WD and Barb soon.

5. Jake

Jake GAS Master Contributor

Finally getting somewhere with my Barb, need one more set piece for my leapquake build to be complete, finally getting through torment grifts and slowly grinding my way to a never ending super OP whirlwind build- finally got a piece of the wastes set today, already had the bul kathos swords at least.

I'm having tons of fun with the limited amount of playtime I get with working so much lately though.

6. tacotiklah

I have like two of every character, each with its own build type. Right now I'm working on my meteor shower/firebird wizard and my whirlwind barb. Hands down, my hammer of the ancients barb is my best build. I do speed runs on T10 with that behemoth and managed to beat a level 60 grift on 4 player with her, beat grift 50 solo, and even defeated a tier 40 grift without the bonuses of any major sets. She's well built, that's for sure. Just wish I could get my other characters on her level. :lol:

My witch doctors are probably my most lackluster builds at the moment, mainly just because I'm not used to running WDs. Practice makes perfect, I guess. My clan leader wants me to up my whirlwind barb so we can start taking potshots at the leaderboards and get some bragging rights, so that's why I'm working on him right now.

7. metaljohn

I'm running an Acid Cloud Helltooth build on my WD, I'll probably make another to try out the Arachnyr build as well. It's weird. My Unhallowed DH has much higher damage, but the WD seems to just melt through baddies way quicker on the same Torment level.

8. tacotiklah

Yeah I went back to my unhallowed DH and I'm tearing up greater rifts. Just knocked out a tier 64 a couple hours ago, and came damn close to beating a 65 earlier. We had it wrapped up, but then a whole mob of elite ghosts came and made my day suck in a hurry. :lol:

But yeah, my build is getting to be pretty baws. I basically solo tier 50 grifts just to pump up gems. If I attempt anything lower than 45 solo, I just one shot everything with my evasive fire. It's actually pretty hilarious. :lol:

9. FallOfHumanity

FallOfHumanity SS.org Regular

I'm just running a decent heal monk. So far I can survive 68s without too much issue. Need to roll a decent hellfire amulet with Near Death Experience, but that hasn't happened yet.

10. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

In the effort of some variety I have a hardcore witch doctor, that I'm not spending much time with at all (my HC Wizard died at 54...*grumbles*) and rolled up a Barbarian for the season.

I was planning on going with the Bul Kathos Whirlwind and had been building thusly, but then my previously mentioned friend Dylan had a HoTA barb that was just spanking the hell out of mine. I had a Ancient Gavel drop so I was going to try that, but didn't have enough of the IK set to make it work.

So...I'm running a IK/Wastes Rend build. Holy. ..... Murder machine. And the gear is *all* sub-optimal. I had a Gelatinous Sire drop and I murdered all the little ....ers with out them moving hardly at all. Admittedly, a low difficulty as I learn the build (T3) but still.

11. Bigredjm15

Bigredjm15 SS.org Regular

I'm so far really enjoying season 4. WD is pretty beastly. Barb as always is beastly. I can do Grift 50 decently but I don't know how some people are pushing grift 70. I play with AxeHappy. Shout out bro!

12. tacotiklah

Yeah I haven't been on in the last week or two because I got Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, plus I've been on a music writing/recording kick. But I get down with AxeHappy on this game too. I love my multishot Demon Hunter as he's so friggin' OP. I was working on getting both my hammerdin sader and sweep sader up to scratch before I took a break. Both are actually pretty nice to have in group grifts.

13. Jake

Jake GAS Master Contributor

Still working my way up to T6 eventually :lol:

Although once fallout 4 comes out D3 might be on the shelf for awhile, but haven't been getting too much playing time lately because I work odd hours during the week so hopefully ya boy gets promoted and moved back into normal hours :lol:

Besides that my wizard build is kicking all kinds of ass lately

14. metaljohn

I finally got a Starmetal Kukri to cube for my Witch Doctors.

Time to make a Carnevil build to play in groups.

15. tacotiklah

Yeah someone found one in a game I was in and just up and gave it to me. Never got around to making use of it since I've put both of my WDs on the backburner. I'm having a lot of fun with my Sader sweep build at the moment.

16. tacotiklah

So patch 2.4 on the PTR was discussed at BlizzCon and here's what to expect in it:
    Patch 2.4.0 PTR Preview - Diablo III

They finally added more room in the stash for all these new sets. And did you all see the new set bonus for the Legacy of Nightmares set? It's perfect for people like myself that prefer to just use really awesome legendaries instead of 6+ set items. It definitely would make challenges like beating grifts without major set item bonuses a LOT easier. I'm getting ready to jump into the PTR right now to see if it's already live there. I need to see this all for myself firsthand. :yesway:

Edit: New patch doesn't go live on PTR until monday, so I haz a sad. On the plus side, I found a site that details out the new features discussed at BlizzCon extensively...
    http://www.diablofans.com/news

I'm fangirling so hard at the thought of getting custom wings for beating challenges. I have unlocked a pennant and a pet, but I still don't have any wings because I just didn't get the game soon enough to get it as a pre-order. So the chance to make up for that gives me a serious happy right now. :D

17. tacotiklah

Okay, so for whatever reason the new patch isn't available on PTR right now. But that's okay because I noticed there's now a community event in the PTR going on that gives a +2000% legendary drop rate. No, that isn't a typo. I'm finding legendary items at about 3-4/second. It's friggin insane... :eek::eek::eek:

18. metaljohn

What exactly is the PTR and how do you use it?

19. tacotiklah

On the battle.net client before you click on the "play" button, there's a drop down menu above it where you can select if you're from the Americas, Europe, or Asia. Well there's also a selection there for PTR (Public Test Realm). It's subject to lots of changes all the time, and you can run into weird, buggy things and what not. Essentially, it's as the name implies, an open public test area for mechanics of the game. Lots of the big DIII youtubers like QuinC use the realm to stress test the hell out of the mechanics of a new patch to help make the game more stable for the regular realms.

Speaking of QuinC, he's the guy that was able to beat level 60+ grifts in under two minutes due to using goldwrap with boon of the hoarder to become practically invincible. His work is what lead to blizzard removing gold drops from Grifts entirely. :lol:

Since the new patch drops for the regular servers in december, they're about to release it very soon on the PTR (rumored to be this week) so that the new items can be properly acquired tested with other items to help figure out the best likely builds for the upcoming season.

Edit:
    Patch 2.4 is now on the PTR! :eek:
    10/10 going for an Invoker crusader build. I used to make "thornadin" builds in Diablo 2, so being able to make a good, viable on in D3:RoS is like a dream come true. Also, with the new patch, it looks like you can make a Steed Charge build with some of the new (and old, but redesigned) items. If so, I'm mowing down demons left and right with my ride. :lol:

Here's all the patch notes:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/199...um=internal&utm_content=external-sso#comments

20. tacotiklah

I think I'm gonna step away from the PTR for a while. Not because of anything regarding the new changes (in fact, they're amazing!), but because of the constant errors whenever I try to log in. They could make a million and one fantastic changes to the game and none of that would matter to me since I can't even log in to try it out.

I did get lucky enough to play for a couple of hours here and there, but for the most part I just there looking at the "retrieving hero list" screen for 15 minutes before realizing that yet again I've been had. I feel like being on the butt end of a "how to keep an idiot busy" joke perpetually.

I will say that based on the little time I did spend on there, the new changes to the Invoker set is massive. Remember the skill Consecration? You know, the one that "merely" healed you? Add the bed of nails rune, and rock the Inviolable Faith flail in Kanai's cube (remember that the bonus of the flail is that consecration is cast under you, AND each of your allies). Congrats, in a 4 player game you can now cover the entire screen with beds of nails that does 100% of your thorns damage per second. I was melting enemies left and right with it, while simultaneously being the party healer. It was glorious.

Edit:
    The call and allure of the revamped Legacy of Nightmares along with the rumors of crusaders beating a level 120 Grift (yeah, you read that right :eek: ) overpowered my good senses and I kept trying to get in a game. Finally succeeded and built a Blessed Shield crusader of my own. I recall way back earlier in this thread someone mentioning having a friend who had a crusader build that reminded them of Captain America. That's exactly what this build is about, and with all the new items that buff it, it truly does become a Diablo III version of Captain America. Also, with the Legacy of Nightmares 2 piece ring set (Litany of the Undaunted and The Wailing Host) prior to the slated nerfing it is going to receive (for obvious reasons), it adds 800% weapon damage and 4% damage reduction for EACH ancient item you have equipped. This includes ancient versions of the rings. So 800 times a maximum of 13 possible ancient items gives you a damage boost of 10,400% weapon damage and 52% damage reduction. Add in the new legendary text for Aquila Curiass, which adds another 50% damage reduction as long as you have more than 75% of your primary resource left and you basically take no damage.

But check out the critical hit damage on Saxtris here:
    [​IMG]

That's right... 372 BILLION damage with just a single hit! Video of it in action (11:25 timestamp) along with me completing greater riff 77 right here: