DHCP problem with my android - help appreciated

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Santuzzo, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Santuzzo

Santuzzo SS.org Regular

Hi,

I have a question to those of you knowledgeable about smartphones:

until today my android would to connect to my home WIFI just fine using DHCP. But today all of a sudden it would connect to WiFi but get no internet, and the only way I could solve this was by using a static IP. My router says the IP assigned to my android is 192.168.0.100, but when entering that IP under static IP it would not work either, when I tried 105 at the end it did work. However, my router still tells me that it assigned .100 to my android?!?!?!? anybody have a clue about this stuff and why m android won't get internet connection with DHCP all of a sudden?

thanks,
    Lars

2. pwsusi

pwsusi SS.org Regular

Have you tried rebooting your router? It sounds like your router still thinks the android is connected using the .100 IP but for some reason is handing it out to your android when connecting via DHCP resulting in sort of an IP conflict. When you connect the android using a static .105 IP does the router show that too? I'm guessing if you change your android back to DHCP and shut it down, then hard reboot the router, verify the .100 is no longer showing, and then start up your android you'll probably be fine.

3. Santuzzo

Santuzzo SS.org Regular

Thank you!

Rebooting did not help, but I finally was able to resolve the issue by clearing the MAC list in the router configuration. This was a suggestion by someone on a Facebook group, I myself don't know anything about any of this stuff.