Dexter Season Four

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by jaredowty, Sep 30, 2009.

1. jaredowty

jaredowty SS.org Regular

Anyone here watch Dexter on Showtime? The fourth season just premiered Sunday and holy SHIT, does it look epic. :scream: John Lithgow only had two scenes with minimal dialogue but I already know he's going to be one of the best additions to the show yet.

For those who don't know: the show is about a guy named Dexter Morgan who by day is a blood spatter analyst for the Miami Metro Police Homicide Division who helps catch killers, and by night is secretly a serial killer who only kills bad people. He was adopted at a young age by Harry Morgan, a homicide detective who recognized early on that Dexter was a sociopath and had an unstoppable urge to kill (an urge which was conceived from a traumatic event in his childhood, revealed throughout the first season). Harry eventually decided to teach Dexter a code to only kill other murderers, ie only people who take innocent lives. Harry's code not only taught Dexter how to spot killers, but how to cover his tracks and keep his secret hidden away from the world around him, the ones closest to him (including his foster sister - Harry's biological daughter, who is also a cop on homicide), and perhaps most importantly, his own police department.

The moral ambiguity behind the concept of the show alone is interesting enough, it's also one of the most well-written and addictive shows on television. I can't recommend starting anywhere else but the first season for obvious reasons but they're all fantastic. I won't give away any other plot points because I really want everyone to see it for themselves.

maxident213 likes this.
  2. maxident213

maxident213 SS.org Regular

Dexter is one of the best shows of the last few years - I can't wait to see how Season 4 goes. Didn't really care for the Skinner dude from season 3, but John Lithgow as Trinity looks awesome. I hope he is as good of an adversary for Dexter as Sgt. Doakes was - the tension between those two was fantastic.

Dexter = :metal:

3. ykcirj

ykcirj SS.org Regular

I love this show. It's the only show i really follow on tv. I thought this season was gonna be a let down since the whole "dexter getting married" thing. But the premiere was awesome and had a big cliffhanger ending like usual. Can't wait to see more.

4. TruthDose

TruthDose SRS BIDNIZZ

Damn, I thought this was for Dexter's Laboratory... :wallbash:

5. jaredowty

jaredowty SS.org Regular

Everyone seems to assume that at first...obviously this show is 100x better but I loved Dexter's Lab as a kid. :)

And Maxident I agree, season three was a little dull compared to the others but season four looks like it'll more than make up for it.

6. aphelion

aphelion SS.org Regular

Man, can't wait...although i have to wait a little longer than you guys to check it out, being in South Africa...definately the only show I have really been able to get into in the last few years...the only show I would actually buy the series of afterwards...season three was not as good as the first two, but it was still awesome!

7. Zombie13

Zombie13 Guitartist

I <3 Dexter, sadly I stopped getting showtime when the 3rd season started, so I am way behind :(

8. asmegin_slayer

asmegin_slayer cali-cornia bluffer

I've seen season 1 and 2 on DVD recently. Awesome show.. I still need to watch season 3. I wish Duke was still in the series :noplease:

9. Buzz762

Buzz762 Destroyer of Worlds Contributor

I got a netflix subscription specifically to watch seasons 1&2 online and to watch season 3 on the DVDs since they aren't available to stream yet. I don't have showtime, so I'm stuck waiting for season four to be released before I can watch it.

It's going to be a long season of trying to avoid finding out what's happening. It seems like everybody I know is talking about it.

10. MF_Kitten

MF_Kitten Set up us the bomb

i´ve watched everything of the show so far, from season 1 to the latest episode. awesome show! John Lithgow is brilliant in this, and it´s such a different type of role compared to what i´m used to see him do. somehow it works really well, and he´s got that creepy dominating vibe around him. i can´t imagine anyone else playing the character.

11. asmegin_slayer

asmegin_slayer cali-cornia bluffer

I wonder what this season will be like now that both Morgans are actually married in real life?

12. maxident213

maxident213 SS.org Regular

So are you guys watching this shit? I was :holy: at the end of last Sunday's episode... I'm really gonna miss.... that person.

I was also glad to see Dex get back in touch with the Dark Passenger :agreed: . He needed the holiday. :lol:

Damn, I want to discuss the events of this season here with fellow fans but I don't want to spit out things that people may not have seen yet. :wallbash:

Love this show! :yesway:

13. Metaldave

Metaldave SS.org Regular

Crap, I'm about to watch this one, now I'm itching to know who it is!

Fantastic show!

14. RenegadeDave

RenegadeDave Huge nerd

I saw the very first episode of the fourth season, honestly I was really disappointed. The second season was kind of meh and starting to get too Nip/Tuck-y (where there are like 3 over the top story threads per show).

Obviously, I'll watch the rest of the season, but I was not riveted at all by the first episode.

15. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus You're no daisy. Contributor

John Lithgow is brilliant in it.

16. orb451

orb451 Banned

Someone should make a Dexter Season 4 Spoiler thread so we can discuss what is/might happen and people that don't want the spoilers or haven't seen it, can avoid the thread easily!

This show kicks ass!

17. mlp187

mlp187 Burrito Master Contributor

Rita is goddamn annoying. She needs her lips stitched shut.

18. samurai7drew

samurai7drew Djent Junkie

you know who else is actually starting to annoy me? harry. sometimes you just want to grab him and shake him and say.."shut the fuck up dude!"

that might be what they're going for though. I think I get annoyed because dexter always looks so annoyed.

19. Metaldave

Metaldave SS.org Regular

I couldn't agree more! Kill Rita off! It's a shame the bump on his head didn't make him stop seeing Harry! :idea:

20. mlp187

mlp187 Burrito Master Contributor

Amen brothers! I didn't even consider how much Harry annoyed the shit out of me!