Deus Ex: Human Revolution - DELAYED YET AGAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by HighGain510, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Origin

Origin Rainbow In The Dark

I want the coat and I feel like a douche for it. :lol: To be honest I've wanted a semi-trenchcoat that wasn't a lame-ass normal trenchcoat for a while, but thankfully the retarded price tag will keep me away haha

2. abadonae

abadonae This Fury Reborn

Hey dude feel my manly pain, i live in england, received my copy of DEHR today for the pc, only to have Steam tell me i can't have it yet coz the release date is tomorrow and then to take ages to download the entire game!!

Can anyone on here tell me why the hell i bother to buy a disk for a game that contains 7.11gb of data only for steam to download the f**king thing anyway? Why is this gobshite company still allowed to run? Coz its ruining PC Gaming for everyone who doesn't have a mad internet connection!!!

3. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

If I could get the Trench coat JC wore in the first game I'd spend stupid amounts of money on it.

4. Psychobuddy

Psychobuddy edxgxsrfrz

I want that coat...

also the games not bad. :lol:

...if you can't read internet sarcasm, I like it...

5. Arterial

Arterial Dreamer

Starcraft 2. 12 years for a sequel.

6. Labrie

Labrie King of the Swing

Game is insanely good so far. I got about 6 hours in yesterday then it was 4am and had to go to bed. After I got home tonight and finally put my son to bed....what do you know, tornado warning and severe thunderstorms are causing the power to keep cutting out.

For some reasons the gods just don't want me to play this game. Will try again tomorrow...

7. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

For PC guys who got the Explosive Mission Pack... where do you enter your code? :lol: I don't see where I'm supposed to input it with Steam unless I'm missing something, it's not listed on the DLC page for the game. :scratch:

8. Origin

Origin Rainbow In The Dark

abadonae, I'm with you on that. It's the biggest problem Steam has imo, that people who buy physical copies have to go through the confounding process that's offered to them regardless. :lol: I just pre-ordered directly on steam so I could do the massively long preloading before it came out, I lucked out for the most part.

Sorry to hear that Labrie, all the storms seem to have delayed until now to come to my town despite the warnings all day.

I'm at 14 hours now, not going for speed at all so I wouldn't say I'm near the end yet, but goddamn it still isn't disappointing me.

The boss battles are FUCKING ANNOYING until you get a good grasp on what you need to do, plus they're kind of similar to the equally goddamn annoying boss battles in the first :lol: though of course more complicated than 'spam dragon tooth and healing aug.' :D

The combat is very nicely done, battles are fundamentally much easier than the original but you still can't spam tank maneuvers; you will end up dead VERY quickly if you don't use at least some tact. The weapons feel and sound great, and thankfully for my CS-addled brain, the headshot is still king. :yesway: I think I'll save my no-kill playthrough for later. >_>

Still in love, and I'm off work tomorrow and not started back on college bullshit yet, so guess what I'm doing ALL day and night? :wub: If anyone has any doubts about buying, GO FOR IT.

9. Daemoniac

Daemoniac Rivethead Magnate. Contributor

If you could buy the coat he's wearing in the pic at the website where you buy the stuff, I'd get it. So far as that normal trench goes, it's boring as piss :lol: It's just a regular, well fitted coat :shrug: EDIT: With the exception of the eyelets on the back... but even so, that is incredibly less extreme than I was expecting :nuts:

My current coat is;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:yesway:

As for the game; I am uber pissed off. I had it ordered, it came into work the day before yesterday, I am unable to pay for it until next fucking week :(

So devastated.

10. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

Awesome! :D Yeah that was the one complaint they mentioned in the PC Gamer mag review regarding the boss fights being really annoying and there's no way around them! :rofl:

On the bright side my fiance had 4 more interviews today so she came back down AGAIN last night and brought my copy of the game down from PA with her! :wub: The best part? Amazon somehow got me a copy of the Gamestop-only DLC included in my order AND I got the tactical DLC as part of my order with them! :rofl: AWESOME! Now I just need to play it... by the time Steam finished the monster download it was time to head to bed so I'm DYING over here at work.... 5pm can't come fast enough! :rofl: :wallbash:

11. Daemoniac

Daemoniac Rivethead Magnate. Contributor

^ Be thankful you can play it today :lol: I'm still waiting for next Wednesday :(

12. Psychobuddy

Psychobuddy edxgxsrfrz

Sir, I think I love you...

13. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

I am glad that this game turned out great. I might not get it yet though, maybe Christmas.

Then again I also want a SL1 Soloist for Christmas so I need to see my options...

14. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

It's taking every ounce of self restraint that I have to not buy this game. Every preview I've watched looks thoroughly epic, but I've only just recently started playing the original Deus Ex, and I'm telling myself that I'm not allowed to play the new one until I've finished the old one.

15. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

Played for 3 hours straight last night..... LOVING IT!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

16. Thrashmanzac

Thrashmanzac plays in 69/42

god i want this game...

17. Mr Violence

Mr Violence SS.org Regular

This game is legendary. The stealth controls are beautifully done. No accidently sticking to walls like so many other stealth games I've played.

So many options in dialogue and so many ways to complete a mission. I love how the main character is a super badass but he's not invincible. A couple gunshots and you're dead.

Also the regenerating health model is so much better than games like CoD. At least it's believable here with the augmentations, and even then it takes at least 30 seconds of hiding to fully recover.

All gameplay is terribly smooth. I absolutely love it. The storyline hasn't gotten all fucky yet, but I'm sure it will and I can't wait!

Deus Ex is my favorite game, hands down. It has now become my favorite video game franchise. Save for Invisible War, but that's okay too.

Randy likes this.
  18. st2012

st2012 Texas CEO / RHLC

Up til 3 last night playing this. Jesus, work is going to suck today...

19. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

You guys have no idea how much willpower it took to get to bed by 11 so I could come into work today.... :rofl: :D

20. GazPots

GazPots Is A Complete Idiot.

So for someone who's never played a Deus Ex what sort of game is it like?

Splinter cell meets fps style with some funky clothes?

I literally haven't seen anything about this game and now it seems i'm missing on a classic in the making (10/10 scores and other critical acclaim).