Destiny: discussion & clans

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by CrushingAnvil, Sep 6, 2014.

1. QuantumCybin

QuantumCybin Lost In Thought

Been playing this a couple nights a week still with some good friends from back home, did the hard mode raid for like the 4th time in a month. My light level is now 331. Pretty happy since the new DLC is coming out in a couple months, and now I'll have an easier time doing trials since I won't be getting dominated purely off of light level differences.

Did the raid tonight with a full group of people we are all friends with, and all solid Destiny players, and holy fvck what a difference it makes having a group of competent people. The raid took us about 3 hours, maybe a little less. Did the Warpriest challenge this week, too. Majority of the time when we attempt the raid, we unfortunately have to pick up 2 or 3 randoms, and it's always miserable in terms of how long it takes us. There's been times where we've spent two hours on JUST Oryx because people can't stay consistent.

Some people really just don't get it and I don't understand. There's nothing inherently ridiculously hard about the raid, particularly Oryx. We just always run the 16's method as if it's the challenge because it makes things so simple. But with randoms there's always an issue it seems. They don't know what plate is which, they forget to kill the light eater knight, they fvck up as the runner, etc. But now that we're all pretty high up in light, we agreed we are officially DONE with King's Fall. Oryx can finally fvck off and drift off into Saturn forever :lol:

2. Stijnson

Stijnson SS.org Regular

Still playing it here too, I was a late buyer though. Actually bought it right before the april update. Loving the game! If anyone is up for playing, I'm on ps3 (for now!), username Stijnson23

3. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

So I thought I'd re-install Destiny on my X-Box 360 to see how it plays now with all the newest updates and if it's worth getting The Taken King (I don't run XBL Gold at the mo for multiplayer..).

I was expecting a bit of download/installation time but it's been going strong for about 2 hours now.

HOW IS THIS ALLOWED? :D

4. Drezik27

Drezik27 SS.org Regular

I reached my breaking point earlier this year with this game, havent played since probably Jan/Feb

How of the newer updates been? Anyone still playing?

Had enough time off gaming that I'm thinking about pre-ordering Rise of Iron.

5. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

So I weakened and bought the Taken King expansion.

After playing a fair few missions and pottering around as I did of old, I'm guessing that I'm not going to really get very far without getting an X-Box Live sub again and grinding strikes and (dare I say it) raids? That or wait for Xur to get the materials..

Currently stuck at 180 light and missions are getting to the "need 200 light" kind of difficulty (the one with the Echo Of Oryx on top of the Spire on Venus got infuriating last night).

That said- I do like the new missions and volume of content in The Taken King- it goes well over and above the previous 2 expansions.. But it's so long since I last played and they seem to change the weapon upgrade requirements with each new expansion which means...grind, grind, grind again on all your old weapons...

6. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep SS.org Regular

Rise of Iron will be released tomorrow. Anyone here still play this game?

Would love to try and get the "Flawless Raider" trophy with some people.

7. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

Sadly, being an X-Box 360 owner, I'll not be getting the new content.

I have to say though- despite my earlier gripes, I'm quite enjoying the Taken King- they have improved a lot.

I do notice though, for my first attempts at raids yesterday in over a year- no one uses the voice channel any more- communication just doesn't exist, making things much harder...

8. toiletstand

toiletstand /\'...'/\

9. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

I can't believe how short the new story was ... interested to see how the raid is, hopefully more like the Vault. Crota's End sucked and King's Fall while challenging is just so long and complex it isn't how I want to spend my spare time, or any time really.

been crushing a lot of custom games though, Destiny shooting... so good

10. absolutorigin

absolutorigin SS.org Regular

I'm still playing a lot and going strong. I've been taking it easy with this expansion as I don't want to burn myself out on the content within a week or something. The grind to a higher light level is definitely more apparent compared with the April update though.

The new guns are sick and I'm super happy I finally got a Matador 64. The new raid looks incredibly fun and a diverse weapon load out seems to be encouraged. If anyone wants to add and play my PSN is ChaFoShizzle. I'm primarily a PvP player though, but still enjoy some PvE. I hope everyone else is having as much fun as I am!

11. toiletstand

toiletstand /\'...'/\

i cant wait to get that new exotic pulse rifle but im dreading all the steps to get it.

still excited!!!!

12. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

Well we're at the end of the dev path for the older gen. consoles. I was hoping we might get another couple of levels opened up but no. :)

I had a recent shot at the Taken King raid and Crota's end again- but no dice as no-one was on voice, it was really hard to communicate and work together.

That said- I've become rather hooked again on Destiny's shoot-twitch-twitch-shoot formula, repetitive though it is and have a decent range of gear (I love the Ixelos fusion gun- absolutely banging against dail epic mission bosses).

I'm gonna have to put it down soon though or I'll get nothing done ever again!

13. QuantumCybin

Beat the (normal difficulty) new raid with 5 friends last night. Got the raid auto rifle, shotgun, and rocket launcher out of it, and got my light up to 374. I really like Wrath of the Machine; not only are the mechanics more fun and team-oriented, but the art direction and level design of the raid is awesome. The final phase of Aksis was such a bitch for us at first, but we saved the checkpoint, slept on it and tried it again and beat it. The last fight is way more entertaining than fighting Oryx. Much more communication is needed from the whole team than in Kings Fall where the runner called out stuff.

Really looking forward to doing the hard mode raid and getting my Hunter the set of raid armor and also the exotic pulse rifle Outbreak Prime. Overall I've been really enjoying Rise of Iron. Definitely has our group playing Destiny again.

14. toiletstand

toiletstand /\'...'/\

nice! right now the grind to 400 is kicking my butt.

15. QuantumCybin

Oh yeah man, getting to 400 is going to be a BITCH. I am not looking forward to the heroic WOTM at all :lol: I'm just thankful I actually have five buddies from back home that all can play together with me; it makes the grind bearable lol

16. toiletstand

toiletstand /\'...'/\

i glad dude! thats really the best part of the game. sharing it with friends and shooting the .... while you shoot the fallen haha

17. QuantumCybin

Exactly man :lol:

18. ittoa666

ittoa666 /)'3'(\

I'm badly in need of a raid team. Only one I've had the chance to beat was VoG back in vanilla. I've been screwed out of the rest.

19. toiletstand

toiletstand /\'...'/\

my friends are moving on to battlefield and im pretty sure titan fall so ima be without a raid team again haha. if youre on ps4 add me! my name on there is: toiletstand.

the destiny app is pretty good abotu setting up raid teams so ima start using that more.

20. QuantumCybin

My group uses the destiny companion app to pick up randoms to fill a hole or two in a team; it's super easy to find people. Whether or not they're actually good at the game is another matter :lol: