Destiny: discussion & clans

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by CrushingAnvil, Sep 6, 2014.

1. CrushingAnvil

CrushingAnvil \m not jesus land m/

General Destiny discussion. You can post your clans which you can create on the Bungie-Destiny site.

Point of order: what class will you choose, what subclass will you use, and what weapons will you use the most?

If you guys are like "what? People care about this game?", then you should go and wash the shames off you.

HRRNNNGGGGG:
    [​IMG]

2. loqtrall

loqtrall Banned

Probably won't be in a clan, like to fly solo.
    Hunter
    Gunslinger
    Marksman Rifle

Don't plan on doing PvP, as I know there will probably be little to no way to balance it, and if it's AT ALL like it was in the beta, I won't be playing it much, if at all.
    It's all missions and exploration for me.

3. Taylor

Taylor Formerly... someone

Part of the 405th - Halo Costuming clan of Halo prop makers, going to be rolling as a Titan, subclass Striker, with a Scout rifle.

4. Pav

Pav ???

I avoided touching both the alpha and beta to wait until I could play the full game on PS4. So I have no clue what I'm going to do yet. :lol:

5. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

Not sure, going to create 3 different guys eventually anyway. :lol: I managed to grab a copy of the LE today when Amazon got some more in stock so I canceled my standard copy. Figured I enjoyed single player enough that DLC would be worth it for me, so I'm glad I was able to find a copy before Tuesday! :D

6. SkullCrusher

SkullCrusher SS.org Regular

:agreed: I always leave beta's encase I get a bad taste for a game.

I could do with some more PSN/PS4 friends: Norfolkshire

7. Gothic Headhunter

Gothic Headhunter Born on a Monday

Probably gonna be a warlock and use shotguns/scout rifles most of the time. I can't even wait.

8. Repner

Repner SS.org Regular

Not sure. Haven't looked at much of this since it was announced.

9. Cloudy

Cloudy Dunvegan Guitars Contributor

I bought the PS4 Destiny bundle so I dont technically have a PSN account yet but I will tomorrow :yesway:

Not sure what class I'll be but I know it wont be a warlock. It'll depend on what my character looks like. No clan yet but I'd love to hook up with some SSO peeps.

10. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Dread-I Master Contributor

Gangsta... :nlb:

11. Pav

Pav ???

The white one? I bought the same bundle. Mine shipped out this morning, I'm super excited.

12. loqtrall

loqtrall Banned

[​IMG]

13. Dooky

Dooky SS.org Regular

Exo - Titan - Striker
    Full auto machineguns, and if the rumours are true, sword!

I like to play very aggressively in first person shooters, never been one to sit back and snipe. Gotta be in the thick of the action.

14. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Everyone's off to play Destiny and I'm just sitting here sobbing uncontrollably because it won't be on PC for a while...

15. Cloudy

Cloudy Dunvegan Guitars Contributor

Yeap thats the one :agreed:

Mine shipped friday but still isn't here :( was hoping Id get it early but alas no ups man arrived.

16. Tyler

Tyler SS.org Regular

Nobody on a university connection can even login and create a character. So bogus

17. HurrDurr

HurrDurr Lord of all Things

Gonna go grab me a copy as soon as I leave work. Unfortunately I seem to remember having preordered the LE, but it seems that was just a fabricated memory of some sorts... So I'm HOPING there'll be a copy available somewhere on this Earth after 5pm today.

18. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

Just picked up my copy, probably not gonna play a lot of pvp and I'm not to sure how clans work haha

but if you have an Xbox One and want a friend hit me up for my gamer tag

EDIT: also the QR code(think thats what they are called) on the Kinect works amazingly well when the code is printed large enough as it was on the Destiny armor pack.

took like 2 seconds to redeem my code

19. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

I got my LE copy last night and surprisingly thrilled that the install was fairly quick and there were no server hiccups at all! Played for about 4 hours and then called it quits since I had to get into the office early today. :( I forgot how much more difficult the game is when you first start a new character (or they bumped up the difficulty levels post-beta, I got bitch smacked by a Level 7 Captain when I thought I was strong enough to melee the last of his health away and he killed me with that one shot. :lol: I think I spent a half hour at the end of the night just roaming the open field portion of Old Russia running in circles leveling up to 5, so now I have the energy grenade, the super attack (mid-air bomb shot?) and the melee grenade energy absorb, so I'm feeling a bit more confident about rushing into some of the tighter areas now. :) Been running solo the whole time too which makes some of the game a bit more difficult, hoping some of my buds pop on soon so we can level up together and I don't get raped when 8 guys are attacking from different directions and they're all 3+ levels higher than I am. :rofl: Overall, really digging it though, can't wait to find the better weaponry so I can whup some ass come boss time! :D

Agreed! :D I played without using my codes for the first few hours, then remembered they were in the case so I shut down my XBO and attached the Kinect (always leave it unplugged, not a fan of having an open camera/mic being left on in my house all day, sorry MS! ;)) and scanned all three codes within 20 seconds! Totally beats the days of having to type out the entire code by hand on the controller! :wallbash: :lol:

20. Taylor

Taylor Formerly... someone

Well, by the end of yesterday I was level 15, so I'm not having any problems leveling up :lol:.