Destiny 2 coming soon, who will be playing it?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Stijnson, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Stijnson

Stijnson SS.org Regular

So Destiny 2 is coming pretty soon now, and it's looking pretty damn good imo. I'll definitely be picking that up!

JoshuaVonFlash likes this.
  2. Metallica35

Metallica35 Meti

i'll be on there. I preordered for xbox one. Gamertag is Metallica35 if you want to add me.

3. Pav

Pav ???

I'll be getting sucked back into it. Me and my gamer friends are still debating if we want to get it for PC or PS4. Destiny on PC sounds like it would be pretty sweet.

4. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I'm going to wait a month or two after getting burned by Vanilla Destiny.

HeavyMetal4Ever likes this.
  5. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

Me too. More of the same just won't be enough. It was Destiny that burned me on the season pass thing- I'll not do that again before seeing how the game lands and what the DLC looks like.

6. HeavyMetal4Ever

HeavyMetal4Ever SS.org Regular

I played the beta a bit, and i'm even less enthusiastic than I was before. In particular, the new weapon load out, where you get 2 primaries and 1 power weapon, with shotguns, fusion rifles and snipers now being classed as power weapons was a massive change for the worse. The recharge rates for supers and grenades was also much too long. Destiny 2 beta felt like Bungie have doubled down on pvp at the cost of pve, so if you are like me, and play for the pve then definitely wait for the reviews.

7. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

Dito. Destiny burned me too. It was fine, but the way they promoted it vs what you actually got was a damn joke. Good game with no content. The eventually put in more content at like 40 bucks a pop quite a few times.

cwhitey2 and HeavyMetal4Ever like this.
  8. Stijnson

Stijnson SS.org Regular

I never had that same experience with Vanilla Destiny, but that is only because I bought it after TTK, and it cost about 30$ for the whole game+expansions. Hopefully I won't be having that vanilla feel when I get D2 from release.

I played the beta, for about 10 minutes. I was a victim of the moose error code. Which lasted 2 days until I went on holiday and the beta was closed when I got back. Nonetheless, graphically, it looks awesome. That story mission (or atleast the parts I could play) was also better than any mission in D1. The weapons system and cooldowns I'm not too big a fan of. I liked D1 because of its arcade like gameplay with all the abilities. Not being a hardcore fps player that made it all the more accessible. But I did pre-order it and will be playing on PS4, Stijnson23, if you wanna add me, and maybe even play some trials this weekend.

9. Pav

Pav ???

Anyone else played any of the betas?

I caved under peer pressure and ended up pre-ordering the PC version. Jumped into the beta after work today and I'm very impressed. It runs pretty well and looks damn good. I agree that the single story mission you can play is way better than any of the story(less) missions from D1. There's also a clear-cut plot to be had this time around. The Inverted Spire strike was actually interesting, more than just waves of throwaway enemies followed by one big bullet sponge of a boss. The crucible could use some tuning here and there but overall, this looks and feels excellent. I felt pretty burned and jaded after grinding through hundreds of hours of D1 only to have all of my progress negated by paid DLC, but this has me extremely excited for the release on PC.

10. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Have it on PS4, super fun.

Basically: it's a Halo game. It has a fun sci-fi story and fantastic gunplay. It has multiplayer, and cool characters.

If you look at is as an FPS, then the game has a lot of content: PVE = basically is a Horde mode, Pvp, tons of gear/stats to mess with.

If you look at it as an MMO then it's kind of shallow content wise. So just know the angle you're buying it from. $0.02

11. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Completely skipped Destiny 1 since I didn't have a next gen console but also because a lot of the lukewarm reviews, especially when my buddy told me he played it for a couple days and then traded it in with how disappointed he was. This one looks really cool and seems to have come a long way from the first one (actually has a decent story from what I'm hearing??), and my buddies will all be jumping on it for PC when it's out, so I'm just waiting another monthish for that.

12. Ralyks

It’s getting some good reviews. I may take the dive on PS4 once I permenantly move into my new place, as I’ll probably be playing in the evening after my son goes to bed. Or maybe when the first expansion comes out in December.

13. Pav

Pav ???

I'm still quiet antsy waiting for the PC version to launch. My Discord server has about ten of us ready to jump in on 10/24. Less than a month to go.

14. Ralyks

Man, this game is great. Hit level 9 last night. This game definitely wiped the taste of Vanilla Destiny clean.

15. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Really glad to hear that because all I heard about Destiny when it launched was how disappointing it was. Excited to get it next week, already pre-ordered for PC.

16. Ralyks

Preordered and midnight release buyer of Vanilla Destiny, traded it back in a month later. Destiny 2 is a total 180 from that experience.