Desert Knife Works Sandshark

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by JJ Rodriguez, Oct 24, 2008.

1. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

I don't think anyone here would have one, but I figure I'd post anyways, might get a hit from Google or something.

Looking to snag a DKW Sandshark OTF knife. These are pretty rare these days since they aren't produced, but it can't hurt to try.

[​IMG]

Looking for it in any colour really, my only stipulation is that it needs to be a double edged one. I think when you do find them for sale they're about $500-$600, not too sure.

Yes, it is a switch blade :lol: Let me know if you guys have one you'd let go, or know someone who would be.

2. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

i collect knoves bro! i have a few italian handmade swinguard switches! lemme check a couple of my sites and ill post a link! i do owe ya!

heres a couple pics of some of mine!

3. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

:drool:

That's fucking awesome man, I just started. I only have 2 OTF's right now, but I plan on snagging more. I think it stems from my love of gadgets, I love tinkering with shit :lol: Sending you a PM with more details.

PS - The Benchmade Infidel looks cool as shit, but is hard as fuck to reassemble, never take one apart :lol:

4. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

It says all knives are in stock, but it doesn't have anything listed under the DKW section. I may call them. If they won't do Canadian shipping, could I get it shipped to you possibly? I'll try calling them sometime today.

5. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

also check out this guy! i have dealt with him on a few shanks. he has super prices and makes sure to package your new not-so-legal knife so you will get it!

Hunting Knife, Bowie Knife, Automatic Knife, Pocket Knife

i didnt see the exact brand you want but he has an awesome selection and prices that i am sure you could find a little something you might want. stay AWAY from the microtech otfs (out the fronts) they are complete garbage! i have owned 4 and they all broke or just quite working in under a couple months. and they were just for show and tell. i didnt carry or use any of them!

6. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

That's odd, everywhere else I go say MT can't be beat for OTF's.

7. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

i have seen on a few forums a while back people offering multiple microtechs for the knife you want, pm replied!

8. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

Yeah, the Sandshark is like the holy grail for OTF's, but as far as currently in production ones most people say MT kicks serious ass, aside from some QC issues.

9. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

10. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

I have quite a collection myself. I have quite a few Microtech front openers, and I've got to say that I think Microtech is really one step away from a true custom. And I have a few of them, too.

Don't know much about the sandshark, but I don't think you can beat a few of the true jewel Microtech front openers.

11. dnoel86

dnoel86 SS.org Regular

PVKNIFE.COM ENTER - Pioneer Valley Knife & Tool

I order from these guys all the time and they certainly have no problems getting stuff over the border (I've ordered a few switches and just recently a punch dagger and it's all showed up). Maybe if you can't find the one you're after you'll find something comparable here...

EDIT: Just realized how old this was...

12. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

Well, I always am looking :lol: PM heading your way with questions though.