Deluhi Megathread (Far East Dizain and all things post Deluhi)

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Bloody_Inferno, Oct 11, 2010.

1. scion26

scion26 Wandering No Life

I know this is mostly unrelated to this thread, but this is something that should interest u guys.

I just did a collab cover with a friend from Japan, and I'm not using any typical Cygnus.....

I was luckily to be able to get my hands on a second-hand Cygnus-SN (real ESP, of coz), which "might" be formerly owned by Leda.

Hope this interest u guys.

2. jvms

jvms SS.org Regular

Sounding pretty good, man! Can you tell us the story on the guitar?

3. scion26

scion26 Wandering No Life

As u guys know from very old post from this thread, Cygnus-SN is a special custom order and it costs like 6000 USD. It wasn't a "common" model in any sense and nobody knows u can order it from ESP. It was like a secret product from a secret menu from McDonalds.

We have this online music store called Digimart, which in Japan we use it as "database" on what guitar just got shipped in at what shop in Japan.

As I remember, around last year of August, there was a second hand guitar called "ESP custom Snapper" was added at the Digimart page of ESP technical house, which is a ESP store in Japan. And when I looked at the pictures, it was a Cygnus-SN with Leda's signature at the back of the headstock.

I was having some extra cash at the moment, at it only costs like....2000 USD.

So I was like,
    :hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang:

And bought the damn thing.

And become one of the rare owner of this rare guitar.

I talked with the shopkeeper at ESP technical house, they haven't told me who is the former owner of this guitar, but it "might" be Leda since they won't tell me even if I asked, which I did. And I did some research, the EMG loaded Cygnus-SN that Leda "was" (that is another story) using might be a different guitar than the one he used at Undivide, which has Bill Lawrence, and might be the one Im holding right now.

In full honesty, this guitar is not as good at the normal FB type Cygnus. It doesn't resonate as much as the FB type Cygnus (might be the finish?), and it sounds thinner than the FB type Cygnus in a sense of natural overtones. However, it is a very snappy/straty guitar with some Bill Lawrence/Cygnus-esque qualities, and it works really well on mainstream music more than the FB type Cygnus because it sits in mix very easily, due to not having too much natural overtones like the normal FB type Cygnus.

In other words, Cygnus-SN is really designed as a "work" guitar, and the FB type is really an "all rock" guitar.

4. bnzboy

bnzboy youtube.com/bnzboy

Just been listening to Dizainerve for the fourth time in a row and oh man oh man... I get the same goosebumps I got when I heard Deluhi/Undivide for the first time. This has Leda all over the album and I LOVE IT!!

Reneguitario likes this.
  5. Schwarzwind

Schwarzwind SS.org Regular

You could order almost any ESP you see an artist is rocking.

I've inquired the same dealer I ordered my ESP Crying Star Rebel and ESP Cygnus from in the past about ordering the purple ESP K7 Fleur I of Kyrie (NoGod).

ESP told him the usual "it'll be $5k and 4 months wait...".

This was when Deluhi was still around

I've also asked if I could have ESP build me a 24 fret Cygnus. ESP's response to my dealer was...

"The Cygnus is Leda's signature model, so they would have to have his permission to customize it because the neck pickup would need to be moved back, and the lower horn scooped back more...And it would cost $6k with a 4-5 months build time".

Obviously none of that ever happened. Ever since I've been neck deep with American guitar brands (PRS, Gibson, Fender, Ernie Ball).

Since I live in the U.S they are easier to get and cheaper too. And with CITES kicking around customs, it has gotten a bit tough to get stuff over.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  6. bnzboy

Wow I had no idea they could build one so quickly. I was assuming around 1 year wait time.

But now I guess Cygus is no longer available since Leda seems to be departed with ESP and staying with Strandberg instead.

7. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

If you google ESP Cygnus it still takes you to the page, but it's not on the artist page unless I'm overlooking it.

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/artist/leda/

I hope they don't stop making them because my dumbass sold my Edwards and I'd like to get another one.

bnzboy likes this.
  8. bnzboy

Looks like Leda is experimenting with JVM or maybe he is using it as a poweramp for the Axefx:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. bnzboy