Deep Thoughts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex Kenivel, Sep 7, 2014.

1. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

no, it doesnt makes you happy. But it does buy the stuff you need to do that thing that makes you happy

also like an old boss used to say: if you are going to be lonely, sad, and depress. Better to be a rich depress guy, than a poor/broke depress one

2. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Precisely. If I were 100% broke I wouldn't be able to afford my cameras, music gear, etc. which allow me to do the things that make me happy. If you were rich you can focus on these things and not have to worry about next months rent or eating tomorrow as well.

People always say money can't buy happiness, but really what they mean, and should be saying instead, is that you can still be unhappy even with money. Which only really means it doesn't guarantee happiness.

I suppose people could also be insinuating that it's things outside the physical world that make you happy, like love, family and all that, but even then the lack of money can tear those things apart in a heartbeat.

I'd also think that if your life is removed from the stress of survival and you can enjoy your hobbies, which would make you happy/confident, that finding things, like love, would be easier to achieve. Tricky bit is making sure they aren't with you just for the money. Luckily I don't have to worry about this as I'm broke as ..... :lol:

3. Kobalt

Kobalt Insert Brand Name

Not very deep...didn't really know where to post it...

Shopping for pickups is hard. :lol:

4. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

yup pretty much nail it

get fired, go broke and stay like that and you would see how long your girlfriend would keep loving you if you live with her. Ad a kid into that formula and you would be on the street even faster.

nothing breaks up couples and makes fights faster than money talk.

Is not a rule and wont happen to all, and yes, some ppl would love no matter what. I was fortunate enough that my ex Gf, she helped me a LOT when I didnt have a job, she pay for most stuff at that time. Then when I got a job, I was so bussy with the job that I wasnt spending that much time with her and she got upset of me working too much lol. Eventualy we broke up, she was desperate for a kid, I dont have money for one, barely have for myself.

I had soo much free time I wanted to learn and do kitesurfing, but didnt have the 2K to buy all the gear. Got the job, got the money, got the gear, now I dont have the free time to go out anymore LOL

but yeah its the circle of life. You need money to enjoy thing, but you need to produce that money. Hoe many times you read those motivational stories and bull....s studies or whatever that "quit your job, go on a backpacker trip around the world"..... yeah F*$ng right, I wanna see you trying to do that with 1500$ in your bank acc... just try, try to get the first plane ticket and food for the first week..... Seen a friend of mine doing one around europe "oh ppl are sooo freindly, I meet so many, too many friends, free accomodation and transport.." It helps to be a young skiny beautiful girl who everyone wants to F&* lol

is to find the balance of free time/work time that get the most of us. I learned the hard way that doing extra hours and "going the extra mile", only helps your boss to look good, the client wont care, and your health and the ones around you would be the most affected.

5. Alex Kenivel

Alex Kenivel Psycho, dont engage

'sokay, the thread title isn't Very Deep Thoughts, now, is it? :yesway:

6. Alex Kenivel

Alex Kenivel Psycho, dont engage

if Zvex only made a Pitch Seeker...

7. groovemasta

groovemasta SS.org Regular

Hmm, limit as amount of food goes to infinity equals zero mood?

I guess makes sense:lol:

8. ThePIGI King

ThePIGI King Death Will Reign

Thought 1 - If my today is Australia's yesterday, than does that mean that the rapture, that has a set date, will begin on that date where I live, where Jesus lived (the one I find most likely), or somewhere completely different? And how can we really say what day that will be?

Thought 2 - Dating/Relationship style - If within a few years of getting together, the two people dating end up graduating high school and going to completely separate parts of the state/country for whatever they want to do, than what is the point of getting emotionally attached? That's just a recipe for pain/disaster.

Thought 3 - How can one write original music? Because scales/modes/chords haven't changed really, and with countless bands across countless centuries, how can one really write something that "hasn't been done before"? It probably has been done, just not in that order, and just hasn't been heard by that that audience before?

Thought 4 - What is the purpose of life? And why should I continue?

9. groovemasta

groovemasta SS.org Regular

The 'rapture' isn't real man.

10. TheStig1214

TheStig1214 Mr. Tophat Jones

11. bpprox22

bpprox22 String Breaker

Imagine how many people have computed a result of 80085 and never realized what they had :idea:

12. MoonJelly

MoonJelly brainless and deadly Contributor

Damn, we've got an existential crisis going on here!

1-If the rapture is coming, you kind of have to accept the whole "no man knoweth" thing along with it. Matthew 24: 36, right? That's a question even Jesus said there's no anwser you could know.

2-No relationship is worthless. Even if you're young, and you break up, it's probably not just because you weren't "meant to be". Maybe you came into this life like all the rest of us, i.e. you suck at being in a relationship with any sense of rational thought. Every relationship you have will fail until one works out. Dating and relationships that don't work out are just good practice for the one that does.

3-Define 'original'. If music is just a finite range of pitches or tones that have always existed, and you think of 'original' music as something outside of the given pitches/tones, it's no longer 'music'! Whether or not it's original, even if it's finite, even if you regard music as something we just discovered (rather than created), it's safe to say a lot of it is still novel, entertaining, and worth being passionate about.

4-The fact that you exist is reason enough to continue exisitng. Even if you're a nihilist and you believe we are all here as part of some cosmic-level mistake, the resulting ambivalence toward your own sense of meaning in the universe should not be enough for you to end your existence prematurely. If human beingsexisting in the universe were some kind of mistake, all the more reason to look on it as rare, precious, and inconceivably cool that we are here after all.

Now have a nice day and cheer up, dammint. :wavey:

13. MoonJelly

MoonJelly brainless and deadly Contributor

Money ain't evil. Having it is nice. Not having it's a pain. If you love money more than anything, you won't feel all that satisfied, though. It basically exists to be spent!

14. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Blames it on "the rain"

Thought 1:
    If govern means to reign, rule, or control over; and ment means the mind; then the word government means mind control. I suppose if one can convince you they hold authority over you, then they do control your mind. If you comprehend that no one holds special authority over another without consent, then I suppose you operate a lawful local government.
    Thought 2:
    ABCDEFG can be sounded into a sentence. Abba cede effigy, translates basically as; God was forced to give up his creation of clay.

15. asher

asher So Did We

Except -ment has existed expressly as a suffix since Latin, so that line is a little bunk, sorry :lol:

16. NicePants

NicePants ok

Have you ever just like, laid in bed and felt yourself spin with the earth?

17. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Blames it on "the rain"

Both words are Latin. Gubernare and mente

18. ThePIGI King

ThePIGI King Death Will Reign

Thanks for the answers dude! I wasn't in a bad mood, I'm a cheerful guy :lol: I just wanted to hear people's opinions on that stuff. Thanks!

19. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

1. How much ground could a groundhog hog if a groundhog could hog ground?
    2. How much marmalade could a marmot mar if a marmot could mar marmalade?
    3. How many whistles could a whistlepig whistle if a whistlepig could whistle whistles?
    4. How much thickwould could a thickwoodbadger badger if a thickwoodbadger could badger thickwood?
    5. Are people wearing enough hats?
    6. Did anybody actually expect the Spanish Inquisition?

You can't feel spin, only force. Force is resultant from change in momentum over time, since there is no change in momentum over time, there is no force.

20. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I heard somewhere (probably on youtube) that the Spanish Inquisition was pretty much always expected, cause they sent notice like a month ahead of time.