Debbie Wassermen Schultz resigns as DNC chair, promptly joins Clinton campaign.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by will_shred, Jul 24, 2016.

1. will_shred

will_shred not that good.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...46c260-51a9-11e6-b7de-dfe509430c39_story.html

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/20...ed-hillary-clinton-immediately-brings-aboard/

I thought this event would warrant its own thread separate from the Hillary Clinton thread, forgive me if not.

So, in the fallout of the outrage from the DNC email scandal, Schultz is resigning. This should be seen as a win for progressives, if not for the fact that she immediately started working as head coordinator for the Clinton Campaign. I suppose practically speaking, the only difference now is that she is openly working for Clinton as opposed to doing it off the record.
    As someone who is tentatively supporting Clinton, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that this does not look good for Mrs. Clinton, I think after the revelation of Schultz's blatant abuse of her position as DNC chair, Hillary should be denouncing this women, but instead she chose to embrace her. She desperately needs the votes of skeptical Sanders supporters, and I think this move will only serve to alienate the voters that Hillary desperately needs to hang onto. I'm STILL voting for Clinton btw.

bostjan and Randy like this.
  2. vilk

vilk Very Regular

What do you mean? You live in NY, no need to waste your vote in a state that can't ever not be blue. Vote for a person who actually meets some kind of criteria for quality of character, and then you will be sending a positive message to the candidates who will become those people of the future.

This election should be the year that we the people send a message to 3rd party candidates: We want you, not these systematized buttholes

I can be apologist with Clinton voters, but only in swing states. If you're not in a swing state, don't give the statisticians and pollsters your Clinton votes.

3. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

As someone who supported Clinton 2 years ago. I can honestly say I want to see her crash and burn at this point.

I had a serious feeling something like this would surface....to bad it didn't happen 3-4 months ago. :wallbash:

:2c:

4. CapnForsaggio

CapnForsaggio Cap'n (general)

'Look this person is evil and corrupt, we've known it forever. Recently, we got more proof.... but I'm still gonna support her, because I want to be just like all of my "progressive" friends.' _o.p.

Thanks for letting a bunch of internet arseholes know you don't have any political values.

5. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Corrupt politician is corrupt.

No worries, though, Clinton supporters, she will win the general election in any circumstance.

6. bostjan

Hang on!

I just heard on the radio news that she didn't resign, she announced her plan to resign at a future date. The fact that she is still DNC chair and employed by Clinton's campaign is a blatant and gross conflict of interests. She should be removed from office immediately. :mad:

7. cwhitey2

She should be in jail :agreed:

8. CapnForsaggio

If the RNC would have tried to pull this with Jeb, there would have been a revolution.... Look at what happened to Cantor (and soon Paul Ryan) when they didn't toe the TEA party line.

Everyone KNEW wassermansucks was pulling strings for Hillary, and now have proof. You know what's gonna happen? Nothing.

I am not sure liberals have the gumption for self-governance. No teeth.

Note that I am not espousing either political ideology. But one party is full of wimps. Our country would be better if BOTH parties were not wimps.

9. Promit

Promit SS.org Regular

"Optics? What the hell are those?" - Clinton campaign staff.

10. vilk

vilk Very Regular

I read this too

It's like, you can't do both. That's the rules. That's why she has to resign.
    How isn't she not "automatically" resigned by virtue of joining Clinton's campaign?

11. bostjan

She didn't wanna!

All joking aside, though, I don't see how this can fly. I can appreciate people being sketchy and finding the gray area to be secretly evil whilst weaving a tapestry of apparent good to create a facade of being a worthwhile human being, but this one just crosses the line into not giving a .....

The fun part of all of this is that, now that Hilary is the nominee, if her campaign goes down in flames, and her people get imprisoned, not only will she still win the election through shady politics, but she will most like not even have to, because most Americans believe that the only alternative to her is Trump.

Vote third party. Kitten the bullkitten kittening kitten that mainstream politics has become.

12. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

The election fraud, media manipulation, and Hillary and the DNC email scandals (irrelevant to ones thoughts on Hillary's personal email scandal, some of the uncovered emails are incredibly damning when it comes to her integrity) have had me choosing someone else on election day for awhile now. Her choice of VP and taking Debbie on her team cements that indefinitely. It oozes of corruption on so many levels. It reminds me of the time when we were negotiating pharmaceutical prices for medicare recipients and the ones trying to help big pharma get more profit left 6 months to a year after passing the bill to go work for the companies that were lobbying for higher prices. None of it may technically be illegal, but you'd have to be blind to not see how they just don't seem to care what we the people think about them. I genuinely think she believes that Trumps 'scary' antics are going to win all the liberals over to her side no matter what she does, but she's in for a rude awakening because she can go to hell for all I care. She's already beginning her race to the 'middle' now that she thinks the left have vacated the building.

She's been going on and on this primary about how progressive she is and is going to be, but she's been campaigning for Bush donor money, chose a neo-liberal VP, and then takes on probably the most hated woman in politics on her team AFTER IT WAS UNCOVERED THAT SHE BROKE PARTY RULES TO HELP HILLARY (and just in general shady). I get that technically Hillary owes her one now for the help in screwing over her competition, but my God is this the dumbest decision she could possibly make. It screams of collusion and makes her look even more complicit in all that went down, which at this point it would seem she did indeed have a hand in quite a bit of it.

I've voted Democrat in every election, give or take some local positions, and I've donated to the DNC, but they can kiss all that goodbye because I'll never do it again. Both major parties can rot in an abyss. #Independent4Life

13. Randy

Randy Ooh, Degrasse Tyson-son Super Moderator

Worst time for the 'like' feature to be disabled :(

14. Promit

Promit SS.org Regular

I'm sympathetic to the sentiment, but do not consider the presidential alternatives credible. Johnson is something of a clown who is running independent after being ejected from the GOP and has no real message other than "durr, government bad". At least he has experience as a governor, but nothing in there that suggests he should be assigned to higher office. Stein is an unethical unaccomplished loser playing politician after playing physician got boring. She's around to play a similar game on the left, except that she understands jack sht about how government works, how the presidency works, how policies work, etc. Sanders' most ambitious and most wild dreams were better thought out and vetted than Stein's basic platform. She is more like leftist Trump without the money.

15. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

16. bostjan

I'm not the biggest Gary Johnson fan, but I think your characterization of him is perhaps parroting what a lot of Trump supporters have been saying, maybe without true justification for such. Here is a link to his platform. I voting for him mainly to get better funding for a political party that could actually do some good in this country if it had a bigger voice, but also because, frankly, Johnson is the only high profile candidate I can get behind at all. The Libertarian party won me over long ago, but totally lost me when they nominated Bob Barr in 2008 (WTF were they thinking?!)...

Anyway, let me remind you Johnson is not a sociopath, not a despot, not clinically insane, not a corrupt POS, has at least one foot grounded in reality, and does have a good leadership track record.

So whom do you support?

17. bostjan

(emphasis added by bostjan)

18. CapnForsaggio

19. cwhitey2

Randy pull some strings!

:lol:

20. Randy

Randy Ooh, Degrasse Tyson-son Super Moderator

Apparently it's easier to rig a primary than it is to negotiate for a stable online forum. Who knew?!