Dear paper towel manufacturers...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hollowway, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Can we agree on a design for pull dispensers vs motion detection dispensers? I'm tired of looking like an idiot waving my hands under pull dispensers. I looked the other way when I took a few layers of skin off blowing my nose into your recycled tree finish, but this is the last straw!

What are you laughing at over there, barely gurgling water fountain and push-top faucet that turns off by the time my hand gets under the tap? :squint:

2. AngstRiddenDreams

AngstRiddenDreams Filthy Casual

3. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time

4. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

I never really had a problem with the non-motorized/moving-parts dispensers where the paper towels were nested so pulling one out made the next available.

Sure, people don't want to touch things that might be touching other things in a public restroom, but guess what- if the plague is coming through again, motion-activated dispensers ain't gonna save anyone!

5. athawulf

athawulf SS.org Regular

6. ZEBOV

ZEBOV Banned

Same here^
    :lol:

7. SkapocalypseNow

SkapocalypseNow Coffee Cups?

Wait... they're not punch activated? :scratch:

8. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Only when Chuck Norris uses them

AnarchyDivine88 likes this.
  9. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

:lol: No way! Ad algorithms FTW!

10. Thep

Thep Blast & Sweep

I'm glad somebody besides me has thought that it was always such a wasteful, stupid, and needless contraption.

I was also thinking why, in the thousands of years man has made windows, we have not made a standard sliding window that is easy, and stays easy over time, to open, close, slide, and lock. In fact, its almost amazing to think how many sliding windows exist in this world, and how much the various mechanisms on them fucking suck (...relatively).

Also, when will there be a new standard in light bulbs to where they can just clip in? Everyonce and a while you get that stubborn bulb, or the need to screw in a scolding bulb and it makes my life so terrible. They can just make adapters that screw into existing fixtures.

Not really related to the thread, but I have to get this out there: One of my professors was friends with the person who helped invent the computer mouse. It was supposed to be used with your left hand so your right hand be dedicated to the numeric key pad. Makes sense! I'm getting the hang of it.

11. AnarchyDivine88

AnarchyDivine88 SS.org Regular

I like the motion detection dispensers. When I try to show off my sweet martial arts moves in a public restroom with a pull dispenser, I just look like some kind of "weirdo".

:lol: Actually, they're kind of annoying. I've swiped my hands in front of pull dispensers too, and I've also tried to pull the paper towels from the motion detecting ones. I agree with the part about the faucets too. Whats even worse, is the overly sensitive motion detecting urinals that flush while you're still using them and splash you. I guess in the 21st century, no matter what age you are, you're never done learning how to use the bathroom. :lol:

In all seriousness, that works way better for me than swiping my hands in front of them. I don't think they actually respond to motion, I think they respond to asserting your dominance as the alpha male. If you can earn their respect, they'll surrender their fine grit sandpaper that they call "paper towels".

12. simulclass83

simulclass83 Yes, pancakes.

[​IMG]

Hollowway likes this.
  13. SkapocalypseNow

SkapocalypseNow Coffee Cups?

Well, I was only half kidding, hitting them does work :lol: Yelling about their uselessness and how they'll never amount to anything as they're cowering there on the wall makes them a lot more efficient too.

14. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

Or, this guy.

[​IMG]

15. AnarchyDivine88

:agreed: Sometimes if I really wanna show them who's boss, I'll piss on them. That's why the first sheet is always damp, guys, it's been me all along. :fawk: :lol:

16. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

So that's why my hands were all yellow lol. I thought I might be going juandice.

17. AnarchyDivine88

:rofl:

Wow Thep, I'm sorry, but "the numeric key pad" is a really odd name to give your junk. Most guys would go with something normal, like "Burzum" or "Gleek & the Wonder Twins". :lol:

18. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

Well fuck you guys because I'm left handed anyways :lol:

19. AngstRiddenDreams

AngstRiddenDreams Filthy Casual

Stealth, you're a ninja!

20. leandroab

leandroab Stay Negativeā„¢

I'm ambidextrous ;)