Dean Cadillac Select

Discussion in 'Guitar Reviews' started by willy petro, Dec 18, 2010.

1. willy petro

willy petro willy petro

This is my first guitar review. Enjoy!

Features-5

• Arched Figured Maple Top
    • Mahogany Body
    • 24-3/4" Scale & 1-11/16" Nut
    • Grover Tuners
    • Gold Hardware
    • Zebra Pickups
    • Tune-O-Matic Bridge
    • Set Mahogany Neck
    • Rosewood Fingerboard
    • Block Inlays
    • 22 Frets
    Nice and smooth neck. Sweet inlays. Amazing bridge. Can get nice attack on the strings.

Sound-4

The sound of this guitar is very surprising. The stock pups were pretty good and held up awesome for most my guitar playing. You can play many styles of music with this beast. The coil tap allows for so many capabilities. The only thing is the pups just don't have enough punch. Drop some emgs, or dimarzios in it and you'll be set!

Action and Finish-5

This guitar is just beautiful. Its an eye catcher. This guitar was just screaming my name since the first time i picked it up. The creme bindings are just sexy. Along with those block inlays. Alls i can say is Wow! The action was insane straight from the factory. It was really low. After a setup this guitar felt better than most les pauls. The actions so low you can breath on it and it will play!

Reliability-4

This guitar has held up perfectly over the years. The only thing is the wiring. It was horrible. I absolutely had to rewire the whole thing. It was very poor. Even that's an understatement. Although not a big deal its frustrating.

Customer Support-3

I'm putting a three just because I've never dealt with dean personally. So I can't say their good or bad.

Overall-4.5

This guitar is the best I've owned. I have countless guitars. And i still can't seem to part with this one. If stolen i would have to buy two in its place. It just means that much to me.

2. FretWizard88

FretWizard88 SS.org Regular

I hate dean a lot, but that top is amazing.

3. willy petro

willy petro willy petro

Yeah, that's not my exact top. Mines different from most deans. And dean has some issues the need to fix. Thanks tho!