Deadpool movie! :D

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by tacotiklah, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Exodus5

Exodus5 Contributor

This was the best movie of the year. No doubt.

2. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I'm sure both of those things will be the case, and both of those things will also be part of the reason it won't be nearly as much of a breath of fresh air as this one was :p

"Cable" is apparently going to be in the new one. I don't know anything about the comic books at all, but it seems to have a lot of fans excited.

3. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

I know about Cable because the X-men tv cartoon I grew up with. He travels back in time to try to fix some stuff in the future blah blah. But I never knew about him and Deadpool

?

4. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

^ Cable and Deadpool were paired up into a comic series in 2004. Marvel was going for a buddy-team series, and it was successful enough for a cult following.

5. FILTHnFEAR

FILTHnFEAR Infidel

Cable's awesome. I was pretty happy to hear he is going to appear in the next film.

He was also in the Deadpool game quite a bit too, which was a really fun game. I loved it. Not groundbreaking, just really entertaining.

6. extendedsolo

extendedsolo SS.org Regular

I thought the first one was entertaining as it was a great change of pace in storytelling format and kind of character that we usually see in superhero movies. I'm just kinda bored with the man-child, conflicted hero, etc origin story. Deadpool is bitter and at the same time pretty vulgar, which is right up my alley. Some of the jokes were good, but some were just cringe worthy awful. Like, R-rated Larry the Cable guy stuff or basically a step above fart jokes. It also felt a little try hard in some of the jokes, almost like cards against humanity try hard. I'm fine with it , because at least they were trying and the action sequences were REALLY fun.

Excited to hear that the next one is definitely happening, since I know they will at least try something new again.

7. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Yeah, the new style of joking grows old pretty quick. It's the same reason I like, and simultaneously hate, Melissa McCarthy movies. Telling overkill jokes over and over, even if changed up, start to feel like someone is just telling the same joke over and over again, even when they technically are not. I think the issue is that directors are keeping all the takes and rolling them into one scene basically. Like when Robin Williams or Jim Carrey would improv a joke they'd keep the best take with the best line. In quite a few movies now they just keep them all. It's usually funny the first time, but tends to just become annoying as the movies progresses. It definitely kills the re-watch appeal in some movies.

I don't feel like that phenomenon hurt this film too much, but it could have been executed better in some scenes.

8. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Some of the jokes were fart jokes.

There can be a time and a place for fart jokes. :2c:

This film certainly appealed to low-brow humour. I enjoy many kinds of humour, including low-brow and slapstick. Perhaps that is why I enjoyed the Deadpool movie.

BTW the Clint Eastwood movie was interesting as well. It featured a very young Jim Carrey.