Deadpool movie! :D

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by tacotiklah, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Ibanezsam4

Ibanezsam4 SS.org Regular

im basically required to see this movie.

my dad is married to the sister of the current deadpool artist. should be entertaining

2. AliceLG

AliceLG \m/^_^\m/

Watched it yesterday. Had me laughing pretty much the whole time. For what it is, and the character it's based on, this movie is solid gold. Props to "God's perfect idiot" for nailing Deadpool to a T. And Morena Baccarin as Vanessa is perfection.

3. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I'm glad they actually cast an age-appropriate woman considering Ryan Reynolds is an old man.

4. leftyguitarjoe

leftyguitarjoe Correct-handed

Saw it yesterday. 1/10, not enough superpen!s

5. mcleanab

mcleanab Theta Sagan Swords

Saw it Sunday.

I laughed from the opening credits until the post credit scene. I'm sure I missed half the movie because I was laughing so hard.

Not knowing the comics very well (I grew up with 70's-80's Chris Claremont/John Byrne/Dave Cockrum/Paul Smith Uncanny X-men) I enjoyed the snot out of it... to me it felt VERY daring, broke a lot of movie making rules, made no apologies and was just a ton of fun. Colossus was EXCELLENT.

Can't wait to see it again...

6. wankerness

I'm glad it was a huge box office smash, with any luck this will open the door for more R-rated films again instead of all the sterile PG-13 bs we've been getting for years now. Though my guess is we'll just get some snarky, annoying films that try to copy this without understanding it instead, and that will be the end of that trend!

7. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger Contributor

Loved it! Just like with Guardians it was a gamble but its paid off. Hopefully this opens more films in the future with R ratings.

8. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

9. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger Contributor

Now that I really want to see. I hated how they constantly cut out the violent parts to bring the rating way down on the last Wolverine movie. It made it feel really choppy and forced. Good to see Fox learning that 12 years old shouldn't be your target demographic with every movie.

10. Varcolac

Varcolac Frets? What frets?

Rob Liefeld has a cameo.

He's in the bar as Wade first arrives, talking to "fat Gandalf." Wade actually says "Liefeld" as he passes them.

11. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

Yeah, I noticed that. I was really hoping for some gag about pouches or properly-shaped feet but maybe that's expecting too much. Though
    the two instances where Deadpool finds himself under-armed after leaving his guns in the taxi made me think, "if his costume had enough storage..." :lol:

12. Lax

Lax SS.org Regular

Got to see it for valentine's day (yeah I have a wonderful wife), and I had trouble breathing since I spent the whole movie laughing !
    I had the feeling of the movies that made my youth, brutal and/or stupid and/or non stop funny, like a fusion of hot shots 2 + braindead + better acting.
    I wonder if DP2 will have a story

13. AlexCorriveau

AlexCorriveau ESP obsessed

Saw it thursday. This movie is a blast! I can't remember the last time a movie made me laugh this hard.

14. awake69

awake69 SS.org Regular

I liked Deadpool because, unlike the majority of "superhero movies", it felt like I was watching a Deadpool comic (with a whole lotta cursing thrown in for good measure). Easily one of my favorite comic movies ever.

15. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

late to this party. have a 12 month old so we see movies when we can swing baby sitting , but thought it was an awesome movie. nothing ground breaking just an awesome ,fun movie to watch

16. wankerness

I finally watched this. It's less annoying than I expected, I laughed a few times. The most grating lines were mostly the ones in the trailer, and I cringed at them all over again here, but the rest of them were less bad. I particularly liked the "Basil Fawlty" and "Fat Gandalf" lines because I'm an idiot. I also snorted at the little X-Woman's name, and enjoyed the references to the low budget, especially how her and Colossus are the only ones ever in the house. It feels a little bit abbreviated, but that's not a bad thing when you look at the likes of Batman V Superman. I think it also might have laid it on a bit thick with the non-ironic romance and the attempts at pathos related to it, but hey. At least the ending didn't leave it in Spider-Man emo ending territory. Firefly lady sure got way more attractive again after Homeland. 7/10

17. Rev2010

Rev2010 Contributor

My wife and I watched it two nights ago and we both really liked it. One thing I appreciated was the presence of some "gore" so to speak. Like headshots often had brain bits flying out or on the ground and such and the violence wasn't so uber tamed down as it oh so many other super hero/villain movies. All around it was just quite entertaining. It slowed down a bit with the backstory part of him and his GF but it was a good/fun movie.

Rev.

18. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Saw this at the premiere but never posted about it. Odd... :scratch:

It's a good movie, but a few minor quibbles prevent it from being a great movie. Much of that is due to the nature of Deadpool and the gonzo/meta humor and self awareness he parades. Ok, I laughed my ass off at all the jokes but let's face it, too much of that kind of character can get old quick. Thankfully nobody is more aware of this than Deadpool himself.

The entire second act, despite the odd pacing shows that there's actual heart and sincerity to the character and the movie as a whole. It makes it more meaningful rather than a diversion and the sort that Deadpool really needed.

Minor quibbles aside, I enjoyed it. My favorite film of the X-Men universe so far beating First Class.

Admittedly the thing I find most interesting about Deadpool is how all the Hollywood studios are treating this as a game changer to superhero movies. Sure being the highest grossing R-Rated movie of all time is awesome. But that's because Deadpool had a lot of faith in the source material to be carried into a movie.

It's the sort of faith why MCU movies have been consistently good (despite even their not so great efforts like Iron Man 2 and Thor 2) and why the first Avengers movie was so fun despite it's flaws. It's the sort of faith 20c Fox should've had with most of the X-Men movies like 'The Wolverine' and especially the 2 slops like Last Stand and Origins/Wolverine. It's the sort of faith that Warner Brothers need to invest in their DC characters other than just Batman.

19. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Late to the party despite having been dying to see it since it was announced. Saw this movie finally. Then watched it 4 more times in 3 days. Loved it. I haven't wanted to repeat a movie that much in forever. It made me like Ryan Reynolds again!

20. FILTHnFEAR

FILTHnFEAR Infidel

Loved it from start to finish. It's just a fun movie. Just wish it was longer.

And I had never watched even one trailer for it. Glad I didn't as apparently it showed most of the movie.

I just hope they dial up Wade's bat.... craziness for the next movie. As well as work in a cool way to include the other voices in his head.

Hopefully, since it's done so well, the sequel will be longer with a bigger budget.