Deadpool movie! :D

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by tacotiklah, Aug 6, 2015.

1. btbg

btbg SS.org Regular

Don't confuse him with the story about how Frank Castle became Isaak Sirko...

You know, because Ray Stevensen and all.

2. michblanch

michblanch SS.org Regular

Why Ryan Renolds?
    Ughhhhhhhhh:wallbash:

He plays the same smug, smartass , quip character in every movie.

Waiting = Smartass
    Blade= Smartass
    GL = Smartass
    Wolverine = Smartass

Someone please make it stop.

3. asher

asher So Did We

But that's what Deadpool is!

4. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Exactly. He was meant for this role. If Deadpool ever hopped out of the comics, he'd be a scarred and blistered Ryan Reynolds. :lol:

Complaining about him acting like this in a Deadpool role is like complaining about Arnie being casted as the T800 after being nothing but an emotionless robot onscreen. :lol:

5. celticelk

celticelk Enflamed with prayer

Maybe you didn't notice, but the character he played in X-Men Origins: Wolverine *is* Deadpool/Wade Wilson - an inferior version of him, to be sure, but intended to be the same character. So in that sense, at least, there's every reason for Reynolds to portray him more or less the same way. I'll agree that he was a horrible choice for GL, but the casting was hardly the only problem with that film. In contrast, his character was pretty much the only *good* thing about Blade: Trinity, and that role works especially well if you think of it as an audition for Deadpool.

TL;DR - I don't care if actors are one-note performers, as long as they're cast in films where that note is in key.

6. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Weirdly enough I came across an article about comic book fans arguing and even having a tumblr about Deadpool's sexuality. It seems the keep bugging the creator to give a definite answer and they don't seem to be all that happy with what he said hahahaha!
    Oh what useless things people engage in their free time!

7. asher

asher So Did We

He totally has teh hots for Spidey. And is extremely blatant about it :lol:

8. Ibanezsam4

Ibanezsam4 SS.org Regular

like sean bean dying?

9. tacotiklah

tacotiklah I am Denko (´・ω・`)

^Exactly. And in his case, we all know he dies in every movie he plays in, but still manages to make us feel god awful when it happens.

10. asher

asher So Did We

I was amazed he didn't die in
    Jupiter Ascending

11. Ibanezsam4

Ibanezsam4 SS.org Regular

Legit? i have no intention to see the film but with that little nugget it might be worth it

12. asher

asher So Did We

Spoiler-tag-free spoiler:

It's not.

13. HeHasTheJazzHands

Deadpool (2016) - Rotten Tomatoes

As of this posting, there's 6 reviews. All 6 of them are fresh. Average rating of 8.4/10. I'm guessing this'll hover around the low 80s - high 70s.

14. setsuna7

setsuna7 Poor Gearwhore

Saw it, love it!! RR did a great job, he broke the fourth wall with this one, literally.. Don't forget to wait for the post credit scene guys, worth every second of the wait. Can't wait for the sequel!!

15. HeHasTheJazzHands

16. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

saw it, love it!

but.... sadly, what you saw on the trailers is pretty much what you get on the movie. Pretty basic setup/story. But love the character and his interaction with the audience. I think "Deadpool" as the character is what is going to get the good reviews rather than what the movie really is

17. awake69

awake69 SS.org Regular

Just got back and have to say I had a blast with it. I only wish they had shown less in the trailers because some of the best moments were things we'd already seen. I will, however, say that I think that Colossus stole almost every scene he was in. I'd give it a solid 8.9 of ten.

18. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I HATED the trailer, but the overwhelmingly good reviews have me curious. If anyone who thought the trailer was completely unfunny and trying way too hard sees the movie, let me know what you think!

19. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

I really enjoyed it. For what it's worth, though, the last comic book featuring Deadpool that I read was probably drawn by Rob Liefield, so I'm not really hip to the current, "meta" version of the character and therefore I didn't have any set expectations. It's nice to see a superhero movie that doesn't take itself seriously or stuff itself silly.

The cons were that the pacing is kind of odd
    Not sure if I liked how the scene in the trailer is essentially the body of the movie with the origin-story items slipped in... and then- boom final showdown after a brief setup.
    and maybe the snark is laid on a bit thick- in some areas it seemed like they just had to squeeze in additional jokes, drawing out some scenes a bit too long.

20. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Then you probably won't like it: 4th wall comments, crude jokes, blood/violence, and a lot of nudity. I personally thought it was funny, but it was exactly what I was expecting so I enjoyed it as such.

When I went to the theaters someone brought their kids. Huge mistake as their was pretty much full frontal nudity for the male and female characters alike periodically, over the top violence where you actually see the violence, and the language was quite graphic all on its own.

I loved the scene where he tries to hit Colossus and breaks all his bones and then the following scene when his hand is growing back. :lol:

I loved it because of all of that though. I find it annoying that superhero movies take themselves so seriously and the fact that it didn't, but was still executed excellently left me feeling good about it. The soundtrack had me all sorts of nostalgic. :lol:

[EDIT]

There were ladies about Betty White's age sitting behind us and they were laughing like hyenas the whole time too.