Darkglass Alpha/Omega vs. B7K?

Discussion in 'Bass Guitar Discussion' started by Miscreant, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Miscreant

Miscreant SS.org Regular

Hey guys, I've been looking up and down at the specs on these, and I see some of the differences. But can anyone chime in with your own view on exactly where these are differing? I'm leaning towards the Alpha/Omega, but I'm not 100%.

LeoLmX likes this.
  2. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

I noticed there was things on the B7K that wasnt on the Alpha/omega so that put me off BUT but sound unreal from clips. If I could afford it, I would buy both tbh and run the 2 together with a compressor infront going into that modern bass patch style of having 1 path cleaner and a 2nd path guitar amp with lots of distortion and grind, and blend them both together.

3. gingerman

gingerman SS.org Regular

Simplifying things a bit, b7k dirt is more high freq heavy and A/O is more mid heavy. Try looking through talkbass.com forums, there were guys who did compare both pedals face to face. There is a decent video somewhere

4. gingerman

gingerman SS.org Regular

On another note, a lot will depend on your bass - with an NG-2 like bass with the 2-humbuckers-in-series feature, I find myself using only the Alpha mode. With a more traditional bass, Omega mode would be much more useful as it would provide for that raw and full low-mid-heavy kind of sound.

5. Miscreant

Miscreant SS.org Regular

Hey guys--thanks for chiming in. I've recently just learned that the B7K is being modeled in the next Axe Fx firmware release, so I'm just going to wait for that and save myself a couple hundred bucks. I expect the modeling will be fully satisfactory for my purposes.

lewis likes this.
  6. cmtd

cmtd SS.org Regular

Where did you hear this from? Just curious on the source of this. Hope it is true, that would be great news.

7. Miscreant

Miscreant SS.org Regular

cmtd likes this.