Custom 7 string Bridge Input

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by Realbebop, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Realbebop

Realbebop SS.org Regular

I'm planning on incorporating a 3 T-Saddle style bridge with a single brass saddle designated to the low B string for my Ibby Ax7-521.

The challenge with this is that the string holes are slanted with the mounting screws in back of the strings as opposed to the traditional tele bridge design.

Here's some pictures of my plan:

Old Bridge:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    New Bridge Idea (sorry if it's sloppy):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tele Bridge for Reference:
    [​IMG]
    Advice?
    Anyone know of a custom builder I can call for this kind of work?

Thanks,
    Phil

2. TheWreck

TheWreck Grind Your Mind!

If you have well explained technical drawings, I can get it made. I have a guy who mills different parts for me out of brass.
    He can do anything! As long as you have good drawing and quoted everything precisely!

Cheers!

3. Realbebop

Realbebop SS.org Regular

Sounds like a plan! I'll get to work on those drawings asap.
    What about the quality of steel etc? is it nice?

Thanks for the quick response.

4. TheWreck

TheWreck Grind Your Mind!

He only use the best material, as an exemple, for the brass part i'm getting made, he did alot of searching to find the best brass suited to my need, so we ended with bell brass.

He also stock different metals, like aluminium in different grades, stainless, iron...any material you need!

When your drawings are ready just send me a pm, and I'll give you my emal adress and I will submit him the request, to get an estimate of the work to be done!

The guy don't have any website or email adress, I know him because we work at the same music store, he repairs wind instruments

Cheers!