Cubase SX3 vs Reaper

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by The Rhone, Sep 14, 2010.

1. The Rhone

The Rhone SS.org Regular

I have a cracked version of SX3 and am looking for a legit bit of Software. I've heard alot about reaper on this site and was wondering if it was worthwhile getting, as it's appears good value for money.

The only thing I'd need it to do was have a good drum grid for programming drums and the ability to run VST instruments.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

2. ooidort

ooidort SS.org Regular

It's worthwhile getting.

Edit-
    Seriously, there's nothing that you can't do in Reaper that you can in Cubase. It's a matter of personal preference. Some of my friends say they like Cubase because of the GUI, some say Reaper looks nicer. It's your decision. Although it is useful to know your way around Cubase since it just happens to be the industry standard DAW.

3. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

Reaper can do everything any daw other program can, don't let the selling price scare you...its worth it. I use both Reaper and Cubase 4 LE, i find Reaper more user friendly (especially since i have the 400 page owners manual :lol:) Plus Reaper is updating all the time, and when you buy your license you get three whole version upgrades (like 4,5,6 (not 4.5 to 4.6 and so on)) or something close to that, i think.

4. Prime

Prime Crazy Robot Guy

Reaper is nice...I like the workflow.