Cubase: Create multi-out for vst instruments (Superior Drummer)

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Dommak89, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Dommak89

Dommak89 SS.org Regular

Hi there,

I had to recently set up my computer again and before that haven't really been active in recording for a while, hence not remebering some stuff that I used to know.

I'm using Cubase Elements 8.5 and Superior Drummer 2.0 and I know I was previously able to create several channels for each part of the drumkit. I have read a lot of thread in the net, but what is confusing is that A) I cannot add a VST-Instrument (F11). I can click on it or press F11, but nothing pops up and I simply cannot add a VST-Instrument. And B) Even though when I create an Instrument track manually and I chose the multichannel out option from superior it just doesnt create seperate tracks. They are there though. If I go to the mixing console the seperate tracks are shown, but not in the window where I could edit the tracks. What am I missing here?

2. Seybsnilksz

Seybsnilksz SS.org Regular

I had the same problem when updating Cubase to a new version a few years ago. Since Cubase 7 or 8 (I don't remember) you have to go into the VST Instruments-window and create a "Rack Instrument" and choose the one you want (in your case Superior Drummer), and from there you can press an arrow that let's you activate outputs.

3. shellbound

shellbound SS.org Regular

Next of the Inspector in the top left corner of your project window there's a Visibility tab. Check there to make sure those tracks are not hidden.