Critical Role D&D Live RPG Show

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by russmuller, Jan 12, 2017.

1. russmuller

russmuller Cramblin' Contributor

My buddy is a huge Dungeons and Dragons fan, and he's been watching this show for ages. He finally got me playing and for the past few weeks I've been binge watching Critical Role on YT.

Basically, a bunch of voice actors from cartoons and video games had a weekly DnD game going on for a couple of years. After a while, they thought it would be fun to stream the game live on Twitch and they called it "Critical Role." They're affiliated with Geek and Sundry, so they stream every Thursday night on the G&S Twitch channel.

It's snowballed in popularity so now you have to pay a small subscription fee to watch the stream live, but they upload each episode on GeekandSundry.com a few days later and on YouTube a bit after that. There are hundreds of hours of content, and a lot of it is really entertaining.

So if you like roleplaying games, or you are really into D&D, or if you just want to see a great and entertaining example of how it's played, check out the Critical Role series playlist on YouTube.

2. MFB

MFB ExBendable

You should check out HarmonQuest as well, it's the same premise of one long campaign with known comedians/actors filling in roles; but only the DM has really ever played the game, so the rest is them fvcking about and hoping what they want to do is an option, or even works.

It's pretty incredible

3. russmuller

russmuller Cramblin' Contributor

I love Harmon Quest! It's a lot of fun.

Funny tangent: It was actually because my ex and I used to watch Community all the time (another Dan Harmon show) when my buddy was rooming with us that he saw the D&D episode and that was his introduction to the game.