Country flags in FS section

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by rx, Oct 2, 2009.

1. rx

rx SS.org Regular

is it possible to get a small country icon next to every thread in the classifieds section? will it be practical and would it be worth it to replace the "UK" "Europe" inserts in thread titles?

Arminius and HammerAndSickle like this.
  2. HammerAndSickle

HammerAndSickle Guitar Comrade

Great idea. you can upload the images where the little 'icons' are that noone uses.

3. ZeroSignal

ZeroSignal Appreciates Kwolity Contributor

Good idea. But then we could just type the location into the title. :shrug:

4. DDDorian

DDDorian Mantis Toboggan, M.D Super Moderator

[cannedresponse]We've discussed it and thought it was a neat idea but Alex is the only one who can add them and he can't/won't so don't get your hopes up[/cannedresponse]

5. rx

rx SS.org Regular

that's a good idea too. sorry for bringing this up again. just wanted to see if there was any progress.

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly SS.org Regular

I thought about this aswell:

Adding the country/continent should be a rule for posting there, + also adding if you ship international.

Something like:

FS Guitar x (EU - shiping international)

(for a guitar located in the EU and including shipping worldwide)

Because, when you're looking for a ' cheap' guitar and don't care much about what brand it is. Then you want it to be on the same continent,,,
    Being a European, I don't care about the guitars in the USA except if I would really need a SPECIFIC guitar.

But when you don't need a specific one, you probably want one not costing like 1 million just for shipping. (+ I noticed most USA people don't ship international, so I'm just wasting my time checking those topics..)

EDIT: I said because of shipping but I meant because of the taxes/VAT/whatever it's called,, shipping is about the same to most places, but the taxes/VAT makes a lot of difference, so all topics saying (USA) are not interesting for me (unless I'm looking for a specific guitar)

Having something like that in the title would save me some time (+frustration of knowing that I won't be able to get my hands on the pretty guitar I'm seeing there....)