Corsair 760T, 780T or 750D?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by ZombieLloyd, Sep 15, 2017.

1. ZombieLloyd

ZombieLloyd Not one 7 string

Hey guys, so I'm upgrading my gaming PC over the next few months, and I was planning on getting a bigger case to put the parts in. I've pretty much settled on one of the cases in the title, but I don't know which is the more solid option.

2. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

750D, easily. It's the least expensive and most feature rich of the three. The other two are several years old, so old they don't even appear to have dedicated SSD mounting points. The 750D, conversely, seems quite a bit newer and has features more in line with current building needs (although none of them appear to have USB-C on their case I/O, which is a bummer).

ZombieLloyd likes this.
  3. ZombieLloyd

I can live without the USB C, I only have one device that uses it. And there happens to be one on my motherboard already. So, would you happen to know if it'd fit an Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero? The screw location is too different from my current case so I guess I'll have to wait until I get a new case to use it. Thanks for your comment.

4. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Without checking the dimensions specifically, I can't imagine that it wouldn't fit. the 750D is a full tower ATX case, so it should be able to handle any consumer-grade ATX motherboard on the market.

5. ZombieLloyd

I actually found that PCPP filters out cases that don't fit your motherboard. I think I'll go for that 750D. Thank you for your help. Sorry for my stupidity, and have a good day/night!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  6. Señor Voorhees

Señor Voorhees SS.org Regular

I know your question was answered, but for my future reference, isn't it as simple as just finding out what boards a case can take? For example, I have that same motherboard (the ROG Hero) in the computer I just put together. It's an ATX board (as opposed to a mini ITX or Micro ATX), so shouldn't I just pick a case that says it accepts ATX boards? Or do different ATX boards have different dimensions I'm unaware of?

In the case of my current build (now my main computer) it's too late and ended up working regardless, but for future reference, is there some other type of dimensions I should be looking for? Are all ATX boards no in fact created the same? I don't want to go into my next build with some faux confidence and fuck it up.

7. ZombieLloyd

Yes, they are pretty much all created the same. I found out that my issue is in fact the I/O shield. A few people online had the exact same issue I'm having. Apparently I just need to push harder to flatten out the padding and everything should be fine. I'm just worried about breaking the motherboard. I'll get the case because I was planing on getting a full tower at some point anyway.

Señor Voorhees likes this.
  8. ZombieLloyd

Update: the motherboard is now fitted in the case just fine. I searched online for this issue and apparently it's because of the I/O shield padding. I needed to push it harder and now I have a fully functional PC again.