conspiracy theories / mystical creatures / urban legends...the thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by M3CHK1LLA, Jul 29, 2017.

1. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

I was being a smartass because History Channel, like Discovery, etc., has gone down hill over the past 5-10 years due to all the "reality" TV programming. They used to be much more interesting.

crankyrayhanky likes this.
  2. crankyrayhanky

crankyrayhanky SS.org Regular

You mean these points? You basically only made 2; weather and boats on the horizon
    Time zones
    different seasons
    images from space
    lunar eclipses

the fact that it gets colder when you go closer to the poles
    the fact that there are poles
    the way a compass works

So the logic here is that only a spinning globe can produce weather variance & a magnetic pole?
    You don't have to research FE theory to see the flaw in this proof.

the fact that you can only see the tops of far away ships on the ocean​
    This is the core reason that people hundreds of years ago determined the globe. In fact, you throwing that out there like it is a slam dunk proof only shows the level of mainstream indoctrination that you- and all of us- are influenced by. This proof has been debunked countless times in recent years...
    Fast Forward to 2017 and the newer cameras have zoom lens showing that a boat that appears to disappear on the horizon is actually just moving out of your view. The zoom can bring it right back into full view- meaning that the old boat disappearing on the horizon proof is garbage.

I'm not saying it's definitely Flat, but I am saying that we tend to parrot when we learned in school. Take a closer look at places other than the science Guy and NDT

3. crankyrayhanky

Simulated Universe Theory goes well with Mandela Effect...and opens the door for basically every conspiracy out there

4. TheKindred

TheKindred TimeTravel Innovator

so straight up ... I don't know shit about FE Theory outside all the parody and satire, but given the fact that you can look at the other planets (at least 5 easily) and can see that they are all round spheres out there in space orbiting a spherical star, what reason would this one random planet just be a flat disc?

StevenC likes this.
  5. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

That's rubbish. I don't believe for one second that a zoom lens would work differently than a telescope, and I see no documentation.

Also, you don't address any of the other points that you can supposedly refute so easily.

The Earth is round, it's easily proven. Stamping your feet and saying that there are easy ways to explain that the proofs are debunked is not going to make it not so.

Give me something real here.

6. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

That's why I brought up lunar eclipses. The shadow of the Earth is a circle, as it is cast on the moon, which appears as a circle in the sky. How do you explain that away as if the Earth is flat?

7. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold the fucking phone! Is someone seriously arguing that flat earth theory is onto something?

[​IMG]

You must be higher than Ace Frehley, my dude.

8. crankyrayhanky

How do you discern conclusively that it is a 3 dimensional sphere vs a round ball of light?
    And if was proven as spheres, that does not prove that we are on a sphere. That's like a pool table thinking it is a sphere because all it sees is balls on it.

There's plenty of videos out there zooming into boats on the horizon. You would need to argue that the boat is not yet on the curve in these videos, but that still doesn't help the original argument- human eyes see a boat disappearing thus the earth is a globe. That was taken care of back in 2015ish.

I agree the earth is likely round. Note that round does not equal globe.
    No stamping feet, just saying that your boat proof is now an old wives tale in today's world and weather patterns are nonsensical.

Are you saying an eclipse could only happen on a globe model? I can think of many other ways something like that can occur. Consider that the Astronomical Society has presented 50+ times that the sun and moon were above the horizon during an eclipse...meaning that they are not lined up like pool balls like our 3rd grade teacher told us. You'd have to buy into mysterious refraction arguments which seem super sketchy. I vote Black Hole Sun.

[​IMG]

9. odibrom

odibrom .

The Earth is flat and a disk?... (obvious joke for those not aware...)

10. Spaced Out Ace

:rofl:

11. TheKindred

but...but...but.... you can watch them spin, so not exactly like a pool table. Also, my argument wasn't that if all the others are spheres (more or less) it proves that Earth is, but rather why wouldn't earth also be given that all the rest in the solar system (and most other physical objects) we can see floating around out there are?

You're trolling, right? I don't mind cause it's fun to play along, but .... trolololol?

12. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

The flat earth stuff seems like a deliberately-cute, intellectual parlor trick that has inexplicably been taken seriously. Ah ha ha- we know that science hasn't revealed all and that the establishment can be stiff and dogmatic, but jamming wholly-synthesized & invented cosmologies through the knowledge gaps and claiming a conspiracy of suppression (as always) can mean nothing more to a serious person than trying to get a rise.

The simulated universe theory is a similar parlor trick, but it has the same problem as religion: ugh, why make this? :lol:

13. crankyrayhanky

14. crankyrayhanky

No troll, but if it helps you sleep at night to believe so, have at it!

I see pretty lights in the sky. The only "planets" we see in detail are shown to us. Tough to argue this proves globe.

15. Spaced Out Ace

Is this dude a parody account? I'm sorry, but holy hell.

takotakumi likes this.
  16. TheKindred

Use a telescope. They're cheap and let you see more than a 'pretty light'. Hell, use your fancy zoom lens and you can take a timelapse of the moon turning. Your argument is akin to me looking a billiard table from a mile away and asserting it's an ant.

17. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

Oh, I'm aware that the mainstream has given it credence (though no one's saying it's proven), but unlike FE it doesn't absolutely rely on a cosmology that is specifically contradicted by empirical science.

There are levels to things. Take Big Foot for example: the existence of a large, forest-dwelling critter that evaded credible observation- unlikely but technically not implausible; but, when people say that Big Foot is an alien- eh, we've jumped a few steps. Compare that to our current understanding of space & time: the nature of the universe might be of an unexpected provenance that is somewhat akin to our concept of computer simulations- unlikely (I'd say) but technically not implausible; but to say that everything we've been told is wrong and that there is a conspiracy to withhold the truth of how things work (and, conveniently, it is _____), again, we've jumped a few steps, have gone off the reservation, and Occam will likely not invite us back.

18. crankyrayhanky

Apology Declined

19. Spaced Out Ace

It wasn't sincere anyways, Icke.

20. crankyrayhanky

I think to point in this thread you need some kind of belief in the possibility of something in the fringes

If you're a 100% One Shot Killed JFK type, I'm not sure you belong here