conspiracy theories / mystical creatures / urban legends...the thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by M3CHK1LLA, Jul 29, 2017.

1. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

What about Orang Pendek? Do you think there might be little wild men descended not from Homo Sapiens living somewhere in the Indonesian jungle?

2. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

I watched a documentary about that and scientists explain that it is a natural occurrence.

First off, I would like to say that this is what "they" said and not my own opinion and second, I can't explain it in detail the way they explained because I'm not a scientist and it had been some time when I first saw the documentary. Anyways...

The scientists explained that the noises come from two different winds with two different temperatures that are clashing with each other, which in turn, is making the noise. He explained that a lot of people can't believe that, including myself, and then he tells them to listen to volcanoes when they erupt, earth quakes, tidal waves, and tornados when they are active. They make a of lot noise and are louder (than the Taos hum) and they are all natural occurrences.

To show that their theory is correct, they built a contraption which produces two different winds at two different temperatures. Sure enough, you can hear a humming noise from the contraption. Not as loud as the real Taos humming because of the scale, obviously.

Anyways, that's what they said. It was cool to hear a explanation but I'm not believing that's what it is 100%, because I would think, all those hum listeners would feel winds in the locations they are in and plus, not all people can hear it, and so, the investigation continues...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  3. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Very interesting hypothesis.

4. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

For the humming noises, yes, I can believe that. But then there's the one that sounds like a French horn/tuba going off. I would like to know how winds can produce that. I guess we have one equation present because it takes wind/someone to blow into a French horn/tuba to make it sound off and scientists did say that wind is involved in the humming. Maybe the winds going through a tunnel? :idea:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  5. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    Wait... which one is it? Only the eyes, or eyes, tongues and organs?

6. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

the official medical examiner report only states that the frame of the mouth and tongue were absent. There was no mention of it being cut out, removed forcefully and on one hand the report is vague but on the other it isnt. It was simply missing with no signs or evidence to show how or why it was. He does mention about rotting due to water so i guess in his opinion it had rotted away due to be body being in wet conditions.

I read an interesting take on what happened with this and i believe that to be the most sensible and most logical answer to what happened to them. If anyone wants me to type it out i will.

I heard no mention of missing organs and eye sockets were missing eyes but again could have been due to the wet rotting process.

7. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

8. takotakumi

takotakumi SS.org Regular

Wanna type it it out :)

9. bostjan

The eyes of one victim were also missing, but no organs missing other than that.
    If you can read Russian, here is the coroner's report:
    https://sites.google.com/site/hibinaud/home/akt-issledovania-trupa-dubininoj

In this case, the missing parts could be explained by postmortem decay. The cause of death is still a little sketchy, though. The idea that an avalanche could have caused the deaths has been widespread, but also refuted, as there are a number of inconsistencies with the conjecture (including topographical analysis of the area and where an avalanche would direct material if it were to occur and also the lack of evidence that an avalanche had occurred that year).

I still think that military testing of some sort is a feasible explanation, but it's still creepy either way.

10. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

ok so goes something like:

After the 10th member got Ill and turned around and left, leaving 9:

So on the 9 of them go only they get slightly lost, camping near the summit of a different mountain to the intended target. They set up their tent etc and pitch down for the night. A home made stove with chimney that poked out of the tent (check pictures from the expedition to see this home made contraption set up - its a pretty silly idea and was always very likely to cause issues) is what they used for cooking dinner and warmth.
    Seems logical to me that during the night, in an accident, some of the embers fell out of the stove and or the chimney malfunctioned and the Tent was engulfed with thick smoke. Not being able to see properly and coughing/spluttering whilst trying to get the main door open, the team decide to cut their way out (explaining the slashes from the inside>out). In the panic they didnt have time to get fully dressed thinking they would burn to death (explaining why they were mostly under dressed).
    (also blood being found in the stomach of 1 body (not sure if it were more bodies) could be explained by smoke inhalation and coughing etc which helps prove this theory)

Thinking the tent was just going to burn down now (seeing as the smoke was likely still thick and pouring from the tent etc) they walked (explains the casual walking footprints from the camp and being underdressed probably physically couldnt run) to the nearest cover (they knew it would be the woodland) in the hope they could create shelter and a fire and keep themselves alive.

So once they reached the Forest, some stayed to try and get a fire going and create some shelter (climbing trees to get branches + possibly looking for something to help them etc hence the tree/branches evidence and the remains of a fire found) whilst the other better dressed (i believe?) ventured further in to the woods to find better shelter and or help. These members of the team likely triggered a small avalanche and were pushed into the ravine falling and suffering internal damage from the fall and getting covered in deep heavy snow and killed (explaining their massive internal injuries/broken ribs etc). When a while passed and these guys didnt return, the ones left trying to start a fire had failed and in a last ditch effort to survive, started to head back towards the site of their tent in the hopes it was still standing and would provide shelter, or the very least their clothes were intact. They never made it back and died in the snow of extreme hypothermia (would explain why they were all facing the direction of the tent)

when the bodies were found, they had been in a very damp state for a period of time from melted snow/ice which explains eyes and tongue in one having rotted completely away etc. (there was no evidence of it being ripped out as the talked about story claims)

regards to the 3 items of clothing having radiation, all 3 belonged to 2 separate members of the team who had both worked previous jobs which would easily explain this (working with nuclear stuff etc etc)

think that about sums it up. I may have missed some of the evidence but this is the jist of what happened to them imo

EDIT: This also explains how the bodies were in different places from each other

takotakumi likes this.
  11. bostjan

Cool idea.

The only flaw I see is that the tent was pretty small, so something must have obstructed their exit as well. It also doesn't explain why some of the party removed clothing outside of the tent, but if they were suffering from hypothermia, there may have been paradoxical undressing.

The explanation of blood around the mouths of some of the victims might be better explained by skin broken by severe cold, I think, since smoke inhalation rarely causes coughing up of blood in acute cases like would be in this scenario.

Certainly the "smoking stove" scenario could explain a great deal of what happened.

lewis likes this.
  12. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

My mistake guys. Sorry. No organs removed. It's just been a long time since I've read/watched anything on the Dyatlov Pass, I didn't recheck my info.

lewis likes this.
  13. will_shred

will_shred not that good.

Video evidence of bigfoot

lewis likes this.
  14. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  15. lelandbowman3

lelandbowman3 SS.org Regular

'Member the HAARP Machine??

16. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

I was reading the other day about the earth is flat theories.

That's is some wacky shit but interesting.

17. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

I wonder if flat-earthers get into it often with the hollow earth people. Or do they compromise- the earth is a hat-box? :lol:

18. bostjan

The Earth is shaped like a middle school origami fortune teller. :lol:

The "Flat Earth" people are some of the least rational people out there. There is so much evidence that the Earth is not flat, that anyone aware of this evidence who still thinks the Earth is flat is simply obtuse. Time zones, different seasons, images from space, lunar eclipses, the fact that you can only see the tops of far away ships on the ocean, the fact that it gets colder when you go closer to the poles - hell, the fact that there are poles, the way a compass works, etc...

At least with the "Hollow Earth" scenario, you can use your imagination and explain away most rudimentary knowledge that points to a solid sphere-shape.

19. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

It's from 1988, but is one of my favorite JFK assassination related programs.

20. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

a was also recently reading about the Bernstein bears/mandela effect theories

only skimmed the surface, have a few you tube vids short cutted to watch on it when I'm feeling up to it , but its out right out there with the flat earthers