conspiracy theories / mystical creatures / urban legends...the thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by M3CHK1LLA, Jul 29, 2017.

1. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

i find some conspiracy theories very interesting and sometimes cool to read about. which are real and which are just plain made-up? its hard to tell, but in this modern age of technology it is still strange to see why some of this stuff can or cannot be proven.

i thought it would be fun for us to share a few we think may be real or ones that you find fascinating. there are soooo many. i even came across some wiki lists lol...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conspiracy_theories

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory

i will share more later, but here are a few of ones like...

1. bigfoot/yeti - it seems plausible...still millions of acers of wilderness still unexplored with hundreds of sightings every year all over the globe. still no body though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigfoot

2. who shot jfk? - living it texas and having visited the sight and seen numerous documentaries...i think we will never really know in our lifetime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy

3. lock ness monster - this ones captivated me since i was a kid. it would be so cool for it to be true, but after all the searching and research, this one looks to a big fish story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loch_Ness_Monster

so, what do you think of these? what are some conspiracy theories that interest you? have you seen or witnessed anything that fall into these categories? feel free to post up links and videos.

discuss!

IGC, takotakumi and Rosal76 like this.
  2. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

I'm particularly invested in the conspiracy surrounding the discontinuation of Orville Redenbacher's pour-over-cheddar microwave popcorn.

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  3. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

I really enjoy conspiracy theories, though, it gets harder and harder to truly have fun with them. Every book I try to read about them always finds the need to have a wet-blanket moment: "Y'know, conspiracy theories aren't always fun & games. Like McCarthyism, the Protocols, 9/11 truthers, etc." Yeah yeah but more Roswell please.

My favorite conspiracy is more of an enormous hoax. Unfortunately, most people know about it from the DaVinci Code, where there's a belief that Jesus had a kid and that the bloodline has been preserved into the modern age. The book that the DaVinci Code ripped-off, "Holy Blood Holy Grail" chronicles the authors getting played like a fiddle: taking information from the hoaxers with an overwhelming amount of trust and then making astounding leaps to strange conclusions. It all plays out so beautifully that it's almost an injustice that it's hogwash.

My guess is that much like the original Coca Cola, the recipe contained cocaine which just became too expensive to continue to include.

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  4. M3CHK1LLA

lol...i thought you we kidding until i looked it up

5. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire 8 string worshipper

M3CHK1LLA and Rosal76 like this.
  6. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

will get obvious stick as anyone always does but Im massive on these and first and foremost is 9/11

for me the "official" report is shrouded in mystery thanks to blatant lies therfore I dont trust any of the story. I cant see how any of what they told us that went down, in the way it did, was true. Therefore for me, something else went down and the Government covered up what actually happened. OR were wanting a unanimous nationwide acceptance on War in the middle east so used it as a false flag to appeal to the USA public and their amazing sense of patriotism. I also believe the UK got in on the 9/11, need a reason to justify War with the USA BS, with our bus and subway bombings not that long after 9/11. Our way of easing public acceptance in justifying killing millions of innocents in the far east.

2nd was Moon landing. I dont care what Nasa just released to prove it, I will never believe that at THAT time, man went to the moon. Probably could have and have done since, but in that era?. Not in a million years. The fact that the USA hated losing the initial space race to Russia which pissed them off given the intense rivalry then stirs the pot and makes it seem even more likely they faked it to get one up on the Russians who were actually genuinely trying to. Everything from their footage is blatant "studio set" and the mistakes with locations, lighting, lack of blast craters, flags waving, no stars and any other glaring mistakes, really proves to me it was BS.

3rd big one for me was Sandy Hook school shooting. That was one of the most blatant false flag incidents to push through the new legislation on gun law, ive ever seen. There were even errors with actors that had been used before in other "events", getting recognized. A dad of one of the apparent "victims" was caught laughing and joking right before an Interview was due to start and you literally see him get into character. Was a joke.
    That and everything around the suspect and his family is blatant BS.

Honorable mentions:

to the weird Malaysian airlines MH370 disappearance then not that long afterwards Mh17 (led to believe was a totally different plane) was shot down in Ukraine during that rebels/government/russia BS?. Of all the planes in the air at any given moment from any of the worlds Airline companies, and we are expected to believe that Malaysian Airlines loses 2 planes that were basically identical bar a few small differences (1 extra window I believe) within such a small space of time from each other in such suspicious circumstances?
    Wreckage of 17 in Ukraine seems to show mistakes that go some way to proving "MH17" may have actually been MH370 made to look like MH17.
    Would explain why they have, and will never (imo), find the plane properly. Some convenient parts washing up on islands do not prove anything to me and could have easily been dumped at sea by ship a few miles from shore, safe in the knowledge they would "wash up" on the beaches and be reported.

and

Roswell and the UFO crash!
    The locals know what they saw and to be made to feel like fools or whackjobs is terrible.
    Another cover up in the best interest of "national security"

If anyone wants to talk more indepth with me about any of what I mentioned. (Friendly discussions only of course, Im not interested in being branded a tinfoil hat loser), then I will happily do so as I love the topics.

7. Unleash The Fury

Unleash The Fury SS.org Regular

Years ago there were "conspiracy theories" about companies micro chipping their employees one day in the future. People laughed and scoffed to end. Well here we are in 2017 and it came true.

Is it not a conspiracy that Verizon and other companies spy on everyone via cell phone camera/microphone? Well its happening and it would behoove someone to understand that.

Is it not a conspiracy that we pay income tax although it has never legally been ratified, and nearly no one knows about that because thats the way "they" want it?

Do you mean to tell me there are no conspiracies in education? Health? Politics? Religion???

Conspiracies exist in this world because of psycopathic people. Are there none of those in this world??

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  8. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

I have a very high interest in all of those you posted.

In the past few weeks/months, I have watched new documentaries on...

D.B. Cooper. The individual who hijacked a plane and ransomed $200,000 in 1971. Was never caught/identified.

Amelia Earhart. Not too long ago, they aired a show called, Amelia Earhart: The lost evidence. They uncovered a new picture which they think was Amelia, her navigator and her plane being pulled out of the water.

[​IMG]

I just started watching this show called, American Ripper. According to Jeff Mudgett, who is the great, great grandson of H.H. Holmes, America's first serial killer, he believes that Holmes is actually Jack the Ripper. Forum member, Knightbrolaire, also posted something on the H.H. Holmes/Jack the Ripper connection in this thread.

Mysteries of the Outdoors. I just started watching this. Basically, UFO's, strange creatures, etc, etc, etc, that are seen..., outdoors. LOL!

Missing in Alaska. Group of guys searching for missing people in Alaska. Could be paranormal, U.F.O's, government conspiracy, etc, etc, etc.

Then there's Expedition Unknown. They just wrapped up season 3 for the year.

Yeah, I'm into all of that stuff.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  9. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

I still watch documentaries on the Loch Ness monster, old and new. However, I don't think anything lives in that area, now. Hundreds/thousands of years ago, I would agree. I would think something that big would need large amounts of food to survive.

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  10. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

not conspiracy, but ghost related.
    Anyone seen the footage of the teenage gamer filming himself playing online, and then he catches a tonne of ghostly activity start in his apartment around him?. doors slamming, lights on/off, boxes being thrown.

Its a pretty incredible piece of footage tbh. He is so genuine with it too you can just tell its not staged.

takotakumi likes this.
  11. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Literally watched documentaries for the first time today on DB Cooper and Amelia funnily enough.
    That picture is very very interesting /\ would explain why the plane was never found. She had an unreal stressful time of it. Maybe she wanted to fake her death to get away from that. The last year of her life was stupidly intense. She probably couldnt take it anymore.

DB Cooper is odd. I dont know where I stand on that one. The guy who came forward claiming it was his brother, and the FBI didnt ever take that seriously. I actually thought it very easily could of been him. A lot of logical evidence make sense for it to have been him. He even looked very very close to the drawing of what the suspect looked like.
    the odd part of it for me was how he acted on the plane that suggested he was an novice AND and a pro at the same time??. Must have been some sort of intentional actions to throw them off during the investigation. Clever clever man. Especially regards to the Parachute situations.

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  12. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I'm down with cryptozoology theories, a la Lochness, Big Foot, Chupacabra, Mothman, etc... because this world is so huge and it's just like "Why not?" I'm smart enough to know that I don't crap on a crap stick about day-to-day stuff, now you want me to think I could explain how something like all those could be elusive enough to not get themselves captured and studied? Get real. Just accept them for what they are and be done with it.

Goverment conspiracies, I just get so burnt out by them I tend not to even bother

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  13. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

^
    Concerning Cooper, they found hard evidence from his tie that he left on the plane suggesting that he worked in manufacturing CRT (cathode ray tubes) used for t.v.'s and for the military, leaning more towards that he had military training of some kind, hence having knowledge of parachuting. Does that mean Cooper was in the military? It's open for debate. The thing I have to remember is that smart people mislead people. He could have intentionally left the tie on the plane and/or the tie could have belonged to someone else.

M3CHK1LLA and lewis like this.
  14. M3CHK1LLA

15. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

I hate how asking questions about anything = "Looney whack job theorist"

Unleash The Fury and M3CHK1LLA like this.
  16. M3CHK1LLA

^ rofl

edit: please tell that thats not you, and that you google some random dude on the interwebz

lewis likes this.
  17. MFB

MFB ExBendable

zappatton2 likes this.
  18. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

One of my favorite topics as far as the murder/paranormal/conspiracy things go is the 1974 Amityville murders. For those of you who may not know about it, I'll try to explain it as easy and short as I can. In 1974, Ronald DeFeo Jr. killed his whole family, which includes both his parents, two brothers and two sisters. He was arrested and claims that voices in the house told him to do it. Nonetheless, he will spend the rest of his life in prison. He is still alive today.

The conspiracy. Many people to this day, cannot believe that Ronald was able to kill 6 people without one person waking up, running, escaping, calling the police, etc, etc, etc. Many think that a second gun man was there but no evidence was found that there was.

New evidence. 38 years later, in 2012, investigators found a handgun in the lake behind the house, which may be evidence that there was indeed, a second gunman. Is the case solved? No. The handgun is so decayed/rusted that police can't even identify it and so, the gun can't be connected to the murders because they need ballistics, ownership documentation, etc, etc, etc. The investigation continues...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  19. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

thankfully, it is just a google search image haha

20. M3CHK1LLA

really surprised that stuff like db cooper and earhart were mentioned, thought those were prob not subjects the younger folk here knew much about. ive been following these for years myself...seems sso is well read.

i remember that story, do you have a good link to it?

thanks goodness lol