Considering finally cutting my long hair.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ftr, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    Imagine a child of poverty, whose family has paid out everything to give that child a chance to survive some terrible disease. Radiation, hair falling out, the cruelty of strangers and other children.

Then some metal god comes along and covers their weakness with strength, because most metalheads come to metal because they know what it is to be on the outside, and will reach out to fight the cruelty in the world.

There is nothing more metal than helping children through a time of brutality.

And there is an organization which will help a metalhead do so.

Locks of Love.

Read through the Guidelines for donating hair.

You will be making a difference. Potential partners in the future will look at you differently when they hear the tale.

If this was your little sister or brother, man, how cool would it be that some rocker cut off his mane and gave it to them so kids wouldn't hassle them?

So much better than posturing to prove one's manhood. Using your strength to help protect and shelter the weak and defenseless, those in need... there's nothing more metal than that.

So, if you're cutting off more than 10 inches of hair, follow the guidelines, and they can use it to make hairpieces for economically disadvantaged kids who have lost their hair due to any medical problem.

There's no downside. And the upside of some kid headbanging, wild locks flailing around, because *you* made it happen.

I hope you'll consider it.

:hbang::shred::scream:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(And some phantom rep bars go to @High Plains Drifter for suggesting something so close to my heart.)

Winspear and Mathemagician like this.
  2. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
  3. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

I mean, if OP is gonna spend so much time thinking about a haircut then they should ABSOLUTELY donate to Locks of Love. Great organization.

If you really are genuinely confused about how a proper haircut works, spend some time googling to compare your hair type to various celebrities with haircuts you like/think would look good on you. Hint: look up guys that girls you’re into think are attractive.

Figure out what’s likely possible with your hair (curly/wavy/straight/etc) and take a screenshot with you to a good barber and let them know that “this is what I was thinking, any thoughts?”

And let them go over any thoughts/tweaks they may have.

In case it’s been a while, as far as pricing for a good barber goes I live in Fl and my haircuts are ~ $25 baseline. More if I get a shave as well.

This shit isn’t hard. In the end you either do or don’t want to be aerodynamic.