Cloverfield sequel/spinoff, "10 Cloverfield Lane" coming out in March

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Jan 15, 2016.

1. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

its out on the cinema (at least in here), might go next week, or this weekend if I get paid early

2. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

It's getting better reviews, but they mostly all describe it as a claustrophobic chamber piece, which is the opposite of what I liked about the original. I'll probably wait for video if it's all claustrophobic and stuff, doesn't seem like something you need to see on a big screen if that's the case throughout.

3. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Given the spoilers I've seen (yes, legit spoilers)...
    Yes, 90% of the movie takes place in the bunker. There's no giant monster. The ending involves aliens. It's a huge shift from a monster horror movie, to a normal horror/thriller one. I do think I get what JJ wants to accomplish though... He wants to make an anthology series much like the original plan with the Halloween series... although we know what happened there.

4. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

Im ok with that. And thats what Im expecting. I dont see this movie being muhc related (of it all) to the previous one. More than, the reason the first movie happened is because at the end of this, X happen. Or this movie is taken place after first. Maybe they are not related at all, it just happen they like the name cloverfield. It still looks like a cool movie

and no, I havent read HeHasTheJazzHands spoiler. I wanna watch the movie first :wavey:

5. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

I enjoyed the first film. I'll check this one out. I'm not going to expect it to be the Citizen Kane of horror movies, so to speak, but I expect that I will find something enjoyable about it. This is coming from a guy who enjoyed films like "Zombeavers," "Rubber," and "The Stuff."

6. zappatton2

zappatton2 SS.org Regular

Can't get enough of the stuff! But yeah, I agree, looking forward to seeing this, interested to see if they tie it in to the first Cloverfield.

7. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

"It's been reincarnated as a tricycle!" :lol:

8. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

well I jst came back from the cinema and......... I love it!

love to see movies being different to the norm. Couldnt figure it out things that were happening on the movie, like "oh so now X guy is going to do A or B", or "I bet you Y guy is going to actually be the bad/good guy here later on", "he/she is gona do this/that"..... but nop, I end up surprised pretty much most, if not all the time

I know there would be people who would hate this movie, as there wont be much explanation for them. As the original Cloverfield, the actions on this movie just "happens", no back story, no explanation, its just is. Which I love, but some would hate.

I like the ending, I know some wont like it either.

I walk out of the cinema happy

9. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Thanks, you just sold me on the movie. I'll probably see it this weekend. :yesway:

10. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

just dont come back to kill me if you didnt like it :wavey:

11. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

also I notice after the movie. Im guessing this was made on purpose.

the looks of the main character with the chick of the last movie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

no idea what would be the reason for it. Maybe the director has a fetish? hahaha

12. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

They had different directors, and Lizzy Caplan doesn't look anything like Mary Winstead! I guess their hairstyle is roughly similar in those particular screenshots, and they both are wearing a tanktop, but the characters sure have no parallel, Lizzy's just the angry hot hipster that
    abruptly gets gorily exploded after being on screen for all of about 20 minutes.

13. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

yeah I know they dont look the same same. But they made it look pretty close. Including the hairstyle (which its a main feature and one easy to change), and the jeans + white tanktop. Again they could have chosen hundreds of different clothes combinations, specially when you already have a chick with the same hairstyle and looks

and for the one of the previous movie, thats what she wears for the whole movie. In this new one, she wears that for about 80% of the movie too.

I just find it interesting that they choose to do that. At this high hollywood movie level, they think about every detail of a movie. Its not liek they say to the chick "yeah just come to the set like whatever you like that day"

14. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

Went to see this with my wife today and I really liked it. It was very suspenseful, and just over all a cool flick. If I had to make a complaint, I'd say I'm not in love with the ending, but it worked.

15. extendedsolo

extendedsolo SS.org Regular

I went on Monday and saw this. Just when I think I have the movie pegged as to what will happen and what to expect it takes a left turn. Which is good is this case! 90 minutes of tension/fun movie. If you don't catch this one in the theater and are a sci/fi fan, check it out after for sure. John Goodman is amazing in this one too.

16. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger Contributor

I loved this one! Very tense, full of twists and leaves a lot for you to speculate on. The last 5-10 minutes were crazy.

17. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

I haven't watched the movie yet, but the more I hear about the ending, the more I think of Knowing.

And that ending was... something else. :rofl:

18. russmuller

russmuller Cramblin' Contributor

I purposefully didn't read anything about this movie beyond the synopsis and score on Rotten Tomatoes. I didn't expect it to have much in common with Cloverfield, except for the appearance of a SLUSHO sign somewhere. I went and saw it in the theater yesterday and was thoroughly pleased. John Goodman's performance was EXCEPTIONAL! So creepy! I did NOT see that ending coming.