Circa Survive Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by m3ta1head, Apr 1, 2012.

1. m3ta1head

m3ta1head 2[H]4U Contributor

Anyone else a fan of this band? I never gave them a fair chance until recently, and damn was I missing out! The vocalist Anthony Green is just nothing short of stellar, and the guitar arrangements and drumming keep me coming back for more. I picked up 'On Letting Go' and it's been in constant rotation. On the first listen through, I was overwhelmed by how intricate and complex the songs were, despite seeming deceivingly simple on the surface. Now on the 10th or 11th listen and I'm still hearing new things in the mix. Do yourself a favor and check out this band!

I know I'm missing songs from their other albums, so post them in this thread (haven't really listened to them yet, still obsessed with Letting Go!)

2. metal_sam14

metal_sam14 Tard

3. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I approve of this thread 100%

4. spawnofthesith

spawnofthesith SS.org Regular

I never really listened to them much in the past, but my vocalist likes them a lot. I can dig 'em when they're being played.

5. ByDesign

ByDesign :::::::::

6. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Oh man, I never realized one of their guitarists did backing vocals for that; I thought they just layered Anthony's vocals, that's crazy that he sounds so close.

7. ChrisRushing

ChrisRushing Fretboard Acrobat

I love Juturna, didn't care for the other material as much. Saw them live around the time Juturna was released and the vocals were nothing short of a NIGHTMARE. The singer hit himself in the face with his microphone right out the gate and bled from his mouth/nose for a good portion of the set all over the stage and the audience.
    To make matters worse he just did not seem interested in trying to hit any of his high stuff (which is most of his vocals). At times it sounded like he didn't even know what song they were playing. At any rate, the album is great and I never bothered to check out any other live performances to see if that was just a fluke. Your mileage may vary :scratch:

8. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

Circa is one of my favorite bands. At first, I couldn't stand Anthony Green but he quickly grew on me. I even saw him on his solo tour in Denver last month. He's one of those guys who loves what he does and truly appreciates his fan.

9. brynotherhino

brynotherhino Reformed Redneck

I love this band!! Juturna still gets played a lot in my truck haha.

10. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Man, I feel so bad that was your viewing of them, when they played at the Boston HOB in 2010 with Coheed, their singer was all over the place and full of energy while still singing perfectly. Crazy to see how much he's changed I guess :shrug:

11. Dunloper

Dunloper SS.org Regular

I absolutely love this band. They have such a timeless sound in my opinion.

12. Bigsby

Bigsby Nerd Contributor

i just recently got into circa survive recently after listening to anthony green's solo stuff any recommendations on what songs/albums i should check out?

13. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I found "Blue Sky Noise" to be their most solid album as a whole, while the first half of "On Living Together" to be a really strong start, while there's only one song in the second half that really wows me (Close Your Eyes to See). Juturna I don't even own because to me it's really different from those two so I can't recommend anything from that.

14. Alpenglow

Alpenglow music and shat

On Letting Go, Blue Sky Noise, and Juturna are all really solid albums. I first got into OLG and then picked up Blue Sky Noise. I doubled back and got Juturna later... they all have very different feels. I listen to OLG or BSN more often than Juturna though.

Anyway, I love this thread for existing. Anthony Green has a heavenly voice and the instrumentalists work so well together. I've been a fan since the first song I heard.

15. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Ah shit, yeah I meant to say "On Letting Go" but I always remember the opening song "Living Together" and I combine the two

16. Bigsby

Bigsby Nerd Contributor

thanks guys i just listened to a few songs and bought Blue sky noise and while i was at it i bought his solo cd on amazon :hbang:

17. poopyalligator

poopyalligator Dr.Poopyalligator

I love circa survive. I have been a long time fan. I even like the stuff Anthony Green did with Saosin. I think "on letting go" is definitely my favorite album of theirs. To me it had a certain feel the other records didnt have. I can honestly say that I am not a fan of his solo work though.

18. beneharris

beneharris SS.org Regular

i saw them on that tour too. their show was the best one there that night. and that is saying alot, because coheed rips.

19. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

I saw Circa on that same tour with Coheed, except missed most of their set. Anthony Green has really cleaned up over the past couple years, which makes sense because he had a kid. His solo tour was sick. There's not one song he couldn't pull off live. Most of the songs were his solo stuff, but he threw in some Circa and even did Seven Years (acoustic) as one of the encore songs.

20. SenorDingDong

SenorDingDong Smeller of Smells

This thread :wub: