Christopher Godin slap guitar lesson

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by distressed_romeo, Sep 9, 2007.

1. distressed_romeo

distressed_romeo F'king ............

All in French, but it's still pretty clear what he's doing even if you don't speak it.

FYP666 and Durero like this.
  2. Leec

Leec Woopah!

Aye, this is cool. Tom from To-Mera was telling me he met him, said he was a really cool dude. He seems it from that video, too
    I HAVE to get Scott Mishoe's video somehow.

YouTube - Scott Mishoe private lesson 1995

3. distressed_romeo

I posted that Mishoe vid in a seperate thread a couple of months ago. Simply stunning.:yesway: Have you got his album?

4. Leec

Leec Woopah!

Nope, I only know him from Guitar On The Edge, the track Mal-Funk-Shen has one of my alltime favourite licks in it - there's an ascending run that just sounds amazing.
    Omnidirectional? I tried like mad to get it a long time ago, never was able to. I haven't remembered it for a while. I should order it.

5. distressed_romeo

As a bonus, here's a slap guitar lesson from Guitar Player...:)

Spank!

6. distressed_romeo

Good luck...whenever it shows up it's at absolutely insane prices. My copy's on a CD-R...

7. Leec

Leec Woopah!

I was hoping that nowadays you could find copies on Amazon or through his site. Take it that's still a difficult album to get then :(

Just googled and couldn't even find a site for him on the first page of results. I did find this thread though, where you mention the only song you have is the only one I have :\

8. distressed_romeo

I got sent a link to download it by someone a few months after I started that thread.

Yeah, it sucks that his website's gone, but it hadn't been updated properly in a few years, and he doesn't have a myspace page as far as I know. Wonder if he's still doing anything musically these days...

9. Pauly

Pauly Not so local lefty

Met Christophe at the London Guitar Show, great guy, has a great range of facial expressions whilst playing too!

10. OzzyC

OzzyC :ubersquint:

Cool. I love how radically his expression changes when he starts playing. He goes from :spock: to :D as soon as he starts playing, and right back when he's done. :lol:

11. Durero

Durero prototyping...

Thanks for that DR - helped me solve a string spacing issue on ERGs where I want to be able to slap & pop - obviously guitar spacing works fine.