Christian Muenzner: Who's interested in Timewarp and Beyond - sleep guitar tab books?

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Rosal76, Apr 24, 2015.

1. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

So the tab book + cd bundles should be on their way too :bowdown:

2. Thorerges

Thorerges SS.org Regular

Man, thats impressive. For what its worth, Morean did say that the conclusion to that solo he literally just plugged notes in - I don't think it was ever meant to be playable. Kudos to you, its an exquisite lead.

3. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Thanks, Thorerges. That solo is definitely one of the highlights of the album and one of my favorites to play. :cool:

4. Christian Muenzner

Christian Muenzner SS.org Regular

Thanks man!

5. Christian Muenzner

Christian Muenzner SS.org Regular

Yeah, since I'm sending out all the pre orders on my own I can only do it step by step and send out perk by perk. I'm almost done now. The books will ship the very latest by Friday.

6. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

:hbang:

Thank you Christian for giving us a update. Can't wait for my order to arrive. Anxious to hear the new album and learn songs from the Beyond - sleep tab book. :cool:

7. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

YESSSSS!! :hbang::shred:

[​IMG]

8. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Got my Eternity's End CD and Beyond - Sleep tab book last Saturday and once again, Christian releases another awesome album. I am normally not a power metal band listener but I love this album. You know a guitar player is awesome when he releases a album for a genre you normally don't listen to and then you end up really liking it.

As for the tab book. I am in guitar Heaven. A lot of different styles of riffs to appease different tastes. Guitar solos for both keyboard and guitar. * The keyboard solos have been transcribed for guitar. To anyone on this forum who may be interested and want a in-depth look into Christian's guitar playing style, you may want to buy this tab book. :cool:

9. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

I'm very happy with the book, the best tab book I have owned by far, most detailed and you can feel the work and love dedicated to writing it. I think Muenzner is preparing also the one from his first album, so I have no other option than to purchase it to when it comes out.

On a side note, did you get the audio tracks in a rar file and check them? Mine were corrupt for the most of them. I wrote to Christian a week ago and he said he would take a look to them and fix it no problem. Got no further notice from him and still waiting. I don't want to bother him and that's why I ask anyone with the book if their files were corrupt or was it just my private download the one which failed.

10. Mwoit

Mwoit Lifted By Skin

Is there any sources confirming this? :agreed:

11. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

12. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

I did get Christian's Email with the link to the backing tracks but did not check them. I was going to check them at a later date but then I saw the message Christian put on his Facebook page about the tracks being damaged and sending out the new links to the fixed tracks and therefore, I just deleted the original Email with the damaged tracks and was just going to wait for the Email/link for the fixed tracks.

I'm sure Christian will deliver the goods. :cool:

13. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger Contributor

I would LOVE a tab book for Timewarp.

14. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Finally got to start on a new song from the Beyond the Wall of Sleep tab book. :hbang:

Started on the song Nightlife yesterday and I can positively say that I am having a lot of fun learning it. What I like a lot about this particular song is that the solos/parts weave in and out of 2 different styles. One solo/part will be neo-classical/technical sounding with arpeggios and 2 hand tapping and then the next solo/part will be more melodic with bends, licks and focus on melody. Very cool. And I'm only on the 4th page. More solos to learn and also, a keyboard solo. I am very pleased with this tab book and will be learning stuff from it for a very long time. :cool:

15. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

Yes, Nightlife is one of my favourites too. I love the fact that the two first songs are for 7 string guitars in A standard, then there's a bunch of D standard six string songs and finally a few ones in E standard. I can rotate my bedroom practice guitars always enjoying a different part of the book. I was blown by the last Obscura tab book which I also love but since Christian's came I have to force myself picking up Akroasis. Beyond is much more fun to play.

And hard, even the easiest solo is challenging, those which Christian name as epic twin solos and the like. There's so much happening here and there, I think I'll be learning from it forever. I hope it makes me improve my chops and I'm a sure buyer of Timewrap too when it's out.

What I don't know is what is taking Christian so long to resend the audio backing tracks.

16. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

I agree 100%. Christian's Timewarp and Beyond album has a far more wider palette than anything, IMHO, in what he did in Obscura. What's cool is that some of the guitar solo techniques Christian uses on the Cosmogenesis and Omnivium albums, also shows up on his Beyond album. I'm very pleased with that because one of my motto's is, "I'll take more of that, thank you very much". :agreed: Another thing that I love about having his tab book is that I'm discovering and enjoying things in his songs that I didn't notice before when I was just listening to it. Christian said in the Cosmogenesis guitar tab book intro:

"You may find hidden secrets within our songs that you may like".

Yes. I agree with that statement 100% and I'm happy that he's continuing that with his solo albums. :cool:

17. Stuck_in_a_dream

Stuck_in_a_dream SS.org Regular

Count me in for both. Anything Christian Muenzner is always welcome :D

18. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

After 1 month, I have learned all of the guitar/1 keyboard solo(s) on the Christian Muenzner's Nightlife song. I can positively say that my 2 hand tapping technique has improved by 10%. I still have some difficulty, as far as speed, playing the 2 hand tapping parts where the hands are far apart from each other. Example as in the fretting hand tapping the 5th note and the picking hand tapping the 15th note, etc, etc, etc. Really gotta use my peripherals on those parts. I had a lot of fun learning Nightlife. Not only has it made me better at "far apart 2 hand tapping techniques" but made me appreciate even more how guitar instrumental songs are structured and put together. :cool:

19. takotakumi

takotakumi SS.org Regular

This is the one song I want to start learning first too haha
    You post a cover man :eek::hbang::hbang:

20. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

It's awesome. My favorite from the album. Technical but lots of feel.

I'm not that good. :lol:

My biggest mistake that I made as a guitar player is that I did not play with other musicians and I only learned 2 song all the way through in my whole life. When I was learning Christian's guitars solos from his Nightlife song, I treated each solo as a "stand alone music piece" instead of, "this solo is part of a whole song". I do the same thing with guitar riffs. I can play riffs and solos complete as individual music pieces but together as a song, especially how complex the song is, is just too difficult for me to pull off.

I have the same problem with Necrophagist and Obscura songs. I can play their riffs and solos by themselves but the whole song, every riff and solos like the guys on Youtube. Nope. Not there yet. :(