In preparation for an entire build, I wanted to see how well I can do a carved top. I have an rg7321 I dont use very much, and the shape is less then inspiring! So... I chopped it up! Tried chiseling it out, but that failed, so I just went to town with some 40 grit sandpaper and a nice powered rotary sander. I also cut the treble side horn a bit to make it more "fluid", sculpted the heel for a COMFORTABLE transition, not just a block of wood in the way. Don't worry, I just applied some primer to see where any imperfections lie, so its just something my anal-ness compells me to do. I think the carve came out pretty nice, and the shorter treble horn seems to balanced nicely (in my opinion, criticism [positive OR negative] ALWAYS welcome). "big picture", the headstock will be painted to match. Closer image, ignore the discoloration, its simply where sanding sealer remained intact, so it stuck out better. Back side, you can see the contouring on the heel. Obviously sanded back and not near finishing.