Chimp Spanner tabs thread...

Discussion in 'Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques' started by splinter8451, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Brycen Doby

Brycen Doby Abscissor

is it standard dropped or just standard BEADGBE? because I've actually not seen someone use a seven that wasn't dropped yet so I figured it was frowned upon or something lol

2. Adrian-XI

Adrian-XI SS.org Regular

If someone could kindly upload the supererogation tab again, I would be forever grateful. Can't find it any where...

3. wizbit81

wizbit81 SS.org Regular

+1 for Supererogation

4. Ploatic

Ploatic SS.org Regular

Don't know about the tab, but if you guys want, paul has a playthrough up on youtube

And yep by standard I meant standard ;)

5. Ploatic

Ploatic SS.org Regular

$@?#

Sorry for the double post, but seriously, any of you can shit a better tab than me lol. Can I possibly make a video of me playing cloud city SLOWLY and actually be able to give it to you guys within 1-2 days instead of delaying this even more?

6. Dan Halen

Dan Halen SS.org Regular

My 7 should be fixed tomorrow. Ill just learn the song myself haha and I always throw a Tab up when its finished. I play in 4th's so hopefully i remember to change it back to normal for you guys before i post it. or you could check it yourself and then change it.

BTW i noticed when i export anything over from a GPX to GP5 it gets rid of the distortion and effects. can someone tell me how to stop that.

7. Ploatic

Ploatic SS.org Regular

Daaah, now i feel bad :( well either way, paul does a clear playthrough of the song which can obviously help.
    Good news for the 7 string tho 8)

8. whilstmyguitardjentlyweep

whilstmyguitardjentlyweep SS.org Regular

9. Dan Halen

Dan Halen SS.org Regular

Lol sorry. my comment sounded kinda shitty towards you, i just reread that. no reason to feel bad good sir. Tabing can difficult for people who don't use it as a way to remember everything you ever write.....EVER. it's the only reason i even make songs because of my lack of a memory. when i write something or happen to make a cool riff I immediately put it on guitar pro so that it still exists. and to write complex riffs on GP you have to learn the software.

for covers I usually do it slowly and as i learn though. you can only do it one note at a time and you have constant reassurence if your doing it right or not because you have a playback option. Try using it some time. if you know simple notation, as in what an 8th note is and what a triplet is then you should be able to space out notes properly with out too much error. FUCK if you got stuck i could probably look at what your stuck on and tell you why its not working so that you understand what your doing a little better.

but my guitar still isnt done......i think today will be the day. my tech has been a little busy lately so even though were friends it IS still first come, first serve.

10. Ploatic

Ploatic SS.org Regular

haha no no don't worry it wasn't shitty at all :p And the sad part is, I know the noting, I actually studied music a bit, buuuuuut, its when it comes down to entering them in that program I find, um, "mehh". And jesus :O that guitar better be done soon! I understand though, a lot of times sadly it ends up being ready later than it was supposed to be.

11. Dan Halen

Dan Halen SS.org Regular

Yah I want my BKPs really bad. I was ultra excited to finally get My Aftermath Bridge and Coldsweat Neck. I tried to install them myself because I've been trying to learn those sorts of things recently, and I had it mostly completed but when I went to open the main jacketing for the wire I snipped the white one and broke the jacketing on the black one so i just said fuck it and I attached the other pickup and took it to him to fix because i CANNOT splice wires.

12. Ploatic

Ploatic SS.org Regular

Haha I hear you, it can definitely get frustrating. And BKP pickups, good choice I'd like to hear :)

13. Dan Halen

Dan Halen SS.org Regular

I finally got it !!!!!!......but this song is titties hard for that rhythm in the intro. im not really down picker so i have to do it like Paul's video. i just have to watch him VERY intently and hopefully ill be able to break it down into some sort of feasible rhythm.

I'm really going to focus on the WHOLE rhythm section for once hahaha. and get all of that down before i start laying down the leads for it.

EDIT: BTW if you want some reassurance on some leads, I posted a Spirals Keyboard solo a few pages back. tell me what you think of that in comparison. i dont remember if anyone posted anything about it.

14. Ploatic

Ploatic SS.org Regular

To be honest Spirals isn't a song I've actually heard that much, so I barely remembered it, but I listened to the file you attached and it sounded well structured 8) And the rhythm isn't tooo hard, i remember I just kept extra caution for keeping it tight, that was my main thing with the rhythm.

15. Dan Halen

Dan Halen SS.org Regular

well playing it is a lot easier than tabbing it, at least im finding that out now. maybe your right about GP being difficult to use, or maybe Paul is just that much of a genius. His rhythm even in the first couple of measures is just so hard to reproduce even if I CAN play it. usually i tab as i learn but im having a little trouble with the length the actual scratches between the chords are, I've also never tabbed any Meshuggah which is what hes basing most of his Rhythm off of so this presents a welcome Challenge. haha

16. Dan Halen

Dan Halen SS.org Regular

ignore this

17. Ploatic

Ploatic SS.org Regular

Yep I love that about Paul, his stuff is melodic, has great rhythm, and man he does great mixes, handles the low frequencies very well.

18. Apotheose

Apotheose DTP Junkie

If someone could tab out Mobius pt1 that would be HEROIC. :hbang:

19. Furiae

Furiae SS.org Regular

Are there any tabs for the intro of Terminus part one? I just love the harmony! One of the best I've ever heard just have to know what is >.< :D

20. turbo_4i4ka

turbo_4i4ka SS.org Regular

Hello guys, can someone write the Terminus part II solo down? I kind of figured everything out, however the fast part at the end remains a mystery to me even after watching a couple of videos on youtube. Could you please help me out, I really love this part of the song and the whole song in general! :)