Cepheus Passive pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by xDarkCrisisx, May 7, 2013.

1. xDarkCrisisx

xDarkCrisisx SS.org Regular

I'm about to get a Agile seven string but to save money I was thinking of getting the version with their Cepheus pick ups since I'll want to put in dimarzios anyway, BUT that won't be for a few months. So I wanted to know peoples opinions on the Cepheus pick ups they have, should I spend more to get the version with Blackouts? The only difference between the models is the pick ups.

Setup: Fender Mustang V Half Stack with a Boss Tu-3 and Decimator in front

Guitar Option 1: Agile Septor Pro 727 EB CP Tribal Purple - RondoMusic.com
    Guitar Option 2: Agile Septor Elite 727 EB DNC Tribal Purple - RondoMusic.com

2. Andii

Andii Captain tying knots

You should get the guitar with passive routing. No matter what you decide later, you will have more choices especially now that they're going all out with passive sized actives.

3. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Dread-I Master Contributor

Oh you got the Mustang V? How you like that bad boy?

Also, get the passive one if you're going to put in DiMarzios. The stock ones are good for playing around but I've never tried recording with them.

4. xDarkCrisisx

xDarkCrisisx SS.org Regular

It's amazing for the price, one day I'll be playing some Slayer stuff, then the next day I'll be playing some Born of Osiris. Even at 3-4 volume range you can feel the UMPH of the amp. But back on topic, I guess I'm warming to the idea of the Cepheus model, I just don't want to get it and then not like the sound of the pick ups and deal with that for like 5-6 months.