CARVIN CAPZ LOCK

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Born4metal85, Jun 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Born4metal85

Born4metal85 SS.org Regular

I have a Carvin dc727 with fixed bridge. So some days ago I realised that with the low B and E strings there's something wrong with the sound. The strings have a buzzy sound. I realised that both strings carved itselves into the plastic nut a little bit. Any of you guys with the same problem? I checked ebay and there are several choices for a 7string nut. Is there a stiffer kind of nut? I also saw nut made of brass. Can anyone help me to pick the right choice? Because I will order a new nut. I have to add that I don't have that buzzy sound when the guitar is plugged in. But I guess you guys know the problem already. Or is it possible that there is some problem with the frets? I also have to add that the carves that the strings made are not that deep. I also tried to set the neck. but the buzz disappeared only when the low B was uncomfortably high. I'd really appreciate some advices. :idea:

2. Neil

Neil XL Whore

How old is it? 727s are suppose to come with graphite-teflon nuts, which I assume are made by graphtech, and you can definitely switch to a white nut made by graphtech when specing a 727

You could try lubricating it with graphite to see if that helps,

Graphtech sell a carvin 7 nut which should be a direct replacement, but check the measurements,

Products & Ordering - Graph Tech

3. Born4metal85

Born4metal85 SS.org Regular

My carvin is half year old. I got it at 2011.12.31. I lubricated it I try that.

4. ZEBOV

ZEBOV Banned

It's possible your neck is a little warped. But if not, get a bone nut.

5. axxessdenied

axxessdenied SS.org Regular

My suggestion... get a respectable guitar technician to cut you a nut for the guitar for whatever string gauge you prefer. Around here they use cow bone I believe.