FT Carvin AE185 Electric, Acoustic hybrid

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale / Trade / Wanted' started by stinkoman, Jun 1, 2017.

1. stinkoman

stinkoman Contributor

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Carvin AE185
    Modifications (if any):
    Accessories (hardshell case etc):No case. Might have a gig bag though to ship in.
    Location (City,State or City,Country): Cincinnati OH
    International OK? : Will consider based on offer.
    Contact Info (No Phone #s)PM
    References (eBay or other forum userid): Stinkoman20xx on talkbass, Stinkoman on nintendoage. I also have Reverb, Ebay, and other references available.
    Price (include currency and if firm/obo):530

Carvin AE185 acoustic, electric hybrid. This is a pretty sweet guitar. Very light, I think its 6.5 pounds, highly resonant and versatile.

Mahogany body
    Ebony fretboard
    Sprezel locking tuners
    Two outputs, can have the signal from the acoustic split separately or run together.
    Each humbucker has a coil tap
    Phase switch.
    Fishman piezo acoustic pickup.

The bad. Sometime in the past the guitar got dropped. The top looks like it may have been cracked and and possibly repaired at one point. A luthier told me he believes it was just the finish that was damaged. I You can squeeze it has hard as I can and it doesn't give or move. It is extremely solid and not an issue and never has gotten worse.

I am have quiet a few things I'm interested in trading for and some outside of guitars. I would prefer to do a straight across trade but can add cash on my end.

Value I have for this is about $500ish given what better ones go for $800 and up. I'd like to find preferably a low end Gibson like a faded SG, Studio les paul, or older American fender as I seen them in that price range. Jazzmaster, offsets and other surf guitars. I am open to 7 string Ibanez guitars, 8 string guitars of most brands. Parker guitars, other semi hollows, Neon colored guitars are also a plus. I am pretty open but that is my preference. Very interested in mandolins, preferably F style. Not interested in oval holes though. I'd also consider a really good higher end banjo, but that is at the bottom.

Long shot but very open and interested in trading for the following vintage video games systems and games. I am only interested in what is mentioned below and have zero interest out side the following.

Neo Geo AES Or MVS
    TurboGrafx, Turbo Duo, Turbo Express, PC engine.
    MIGHT consider an Atari Jaguar ONLY if it has a working CD system.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  2. stinkoman

stinkoman Contributor

I can get anybody better pics, and willing to sell. Feel free to shoot a trade offer.

3. stinkoman

stinkoman Contributor

$500 shipped and insured to your door.

4. stinkoman

stinkoman Contributor

Any trades? This is a really great guitar, just doesn't fit with what I need.

5. stinkoman

stinkoman Contributor