Carvin 7 string + tonepros

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by baboisking, Dec 25, 2009.

1. baboisking

baboisking SS.org Regular

i really want to purchase a custom carvin seven string:shred:, but i want a tonepros bridge instead of the stock bridge...is it possible to mount a tonepros on one of these guitars?

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery.

Have you asked the guys over on the Carvin Forum?

3. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez SS Contributor

Not without routing. I imagine due to the neck angle, you'd have to recess it.

4. baboisking

no, good idea...

5. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery.

Typically it's not an option, but perhaps it can be requested special. Carvin does stuff like that occasionally.

6. Josh Geohagan

Josh Geohagan SS.org Regular

May I ask why you would prefer the tonepros bridge to their FT7 standard bridge?

I am only asking because I recently came here asking that very question, and was informed of advantages to their standard FT7 bridge.

It's still a string through body model, but you can set individual string height and you have a greater intonation range with the FT7.

7. Vletrmx

Vletrmx ΞΆ

Yeah, basically this. Since Carvin makes the DC127, which I think is a TOM neck-through, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to offer it on a DC727 but with an extra charge. I'd say call them and make sure. :)

8. baboisking

its much more comfortable, and it is a string through body bridge. individual string action doesnt make a difference to me. a real major reason is that graph tech string saver saddles arent available for a carvin, but they are available for tone pros.

9. HaloHat

HaloHat 7 string Baritones

unfortunately you do not need to waste your time asking Carvin for the TP bridge. The answer will be NO. Absolutely 100% sure.

The guitar is awesome none the less. The options kill and Carvin has the best tops for the money and quick build times and they honor the 10 day satisfaction guarentee with out jacking you around.

I just wish Carvin would get a little more excited about 7 strings in general. The two they offer are really just the same model with a middle p-u and different p-u selector switch. They need to make a 7 string model of their Ultra V and also the X220/V220 at the very least. And some baritone scale 6 and 7 string options too.

10. baboisking

yes i desperately want a 26.5 inch scale 7. i have a baritone, but i would like something that allows somewhat higher tunings.

11. 7deadlysins666

7deadlysins666 kvlt

26.5" scale.... Tonepros bridge.....why don't you get a Schecter?

12. hairychris

hairychris Hairy Old Bloke

Pretty much.

A Carvin 7x7 would require a massive amount of surgery to add a TOM.

13. Koshchei

Koshchei Banned

Pretty sure you can get string-saver saddles on the FT7, and as stated before, it *is* string through body.

+1 on increasing Carvin's enthusiasm for 7 strings and other ERG instruments. The DC7x7 is a tremendously good guitar, but it needs some companions :)

14. Josh Geohagan

Josh Geohagan SS.org Regular

And I actually find the FT7 bridge much, much more comfortable than a TonePros bridge, but that is just me personally. This is probably due to me growing up with the standard Fender strat bridges and then upgrading to a Floyd model for a quite a while.

I'm sure you can adjust to anything. Trust me, the Carvin is a killer guitar.

15. baboisking

the few schecters that i have played didnt impress me...