Carrie Fisher Passes Away at Age 60; Debbie Reynolds Passes Away at Age 84

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by Emperor Guillotine, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Emperor Guillotine

Emperor Guillotine The Almighty Ruler

I know we all have seen the news regarding Carrie Fisher's unexpected passing yesterday. Her defining role as Princess Leia in the original Star Wars trilogy combined with her writing, script work, humor, and her honesty regarding addiction and mental disorders will forever leave an imprint on our world. This is definitely a very saddening loss that is being felt around the world.

Carrie Fisher dies at 60: actor and acclaimed writer best known as Princess Leia

It's even more heartbreaking that Carrie's mother, Debbie Reynolds passed away earlier today, a mere day after her daughter.

Debbie Reynolds dies, aged 84, one day after daughter Carrie Fisher

I'm not sure if any of you guys want to say/post anything. But I figured I would start a thread since we've done it in the past with other fairly recent actor deaths.

2. bpprox22

bpprox22 String Breaker

She probably died from a broken heart after seeing her daughter pass :ugh:

3. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater not quite a shredder

She will be missed, we need more people in this world with a good sense of humor about the human condition.

I rarely take celebrity deaths personally, but she seemed like such a nice woman, i got a bit emotional when i heard this news.

4. HeavyMetal4Ever

HeavyMetal4Ever SS.org Regular

2016 can't end soon enough.

5. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Some youtube account called "Craig Ferguson and the Ladies" just posted several of her appearances there over the years. They're very fun to watch. She's a serious wacko, and he often doesn't seem to know how to react, but she clearly loves the guy and they clearly have an off-screen friendship. Good stuff.