Carpal tunnel - who has had the surgery

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by Mattmc74, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Chris Migdalski

Chris Migdalski SS.org Regular

Years ago I started noticing I was having issues with my left fingers not cooperating with what my brain was telling it to do when playing. I disregarded untill couldnt take it anymore...so after lots of refferals and opinions I was officially diagnosed with Parkinsons in 2009. So you should see a neurologist if that is the case. For a guitarist Parkinsons is as insulting of thing and not a good thing, just imagine everyday you loose a small percentage or fraction of your ability...this may not bother people but eventually your bucket will empty unless you get treatment....treatment has rediculas side effects but I still play on stage regularly

PM if you have questions...I would be happy to answer

also I have had ulner nerve pain/damage which is the nerve connected your pinky which is similar to carporal tunnel (nerves to your other 3 fingers) and i also has a cyst removed from my left thumb (successfully) i refuse to give up playing

Chris

Mattmc74 likes this.
  2. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

:eek: Damn that sucks! Sorry to hear that!!!!:noway: I'm glad you still are able to play!

Thanks for adding your info to the thread!:yesway:

3. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

Yowza. I hadn't even considered Parkinson's.. :ugh:

Haven't had the neurologist appointment yet, but after doing some research online - always to be taken with a massive grain of salt, I know - my theory has been ulnar and/or radial nerve damage of some kind. I'd be lying if I said I weren't pretty freaked out about it.. ;)

4. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

Well if I were you man I would get it checked out!

5. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

well today is the day for the check up on my left hand and to schedule my next surgery if the doctor thinks im ready. I think i'm ready, I feel the my hand is at 99 percent. I say 99 because the incision spot is still a bit bumped up but it is healed and no problems with it. There is no pain in my left hand what so ever. I even moved a TV in to my bedroom the other day by myself with no problems at all.

6. Chris Migdalski

thats good but I would say try not to be too over confident just yet...be cautious

yesterday I had 7 viles of blood painfully taken for upcoming test..I imagine these upcoming lab results will give me some answers, hopefully I dont have any other problems other than the previously diagnosed parkinson's...very nervous....

Alberto7 and Mattmc74 like this.
  7. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

Well good luck to you man!

Well back from the docs and i'm fully recovered. He was surprised how well I did on the recovery. I should know by tomorrow when the next surgery for the right hand will be.:yesway:

Alberto7 likes this.
  8. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

Do you have, by any chance, the power to grow adamantium claws at will? :lol: You recovered exceptionally fast from a pretty relevant procedure. I'm curious how your right hand will handle it! I'd normally feel worried for you, but seeing how well your left hand did, I feel this will be somewhat of a breeze for you haha.

And to Chris... Wow, man. It seems you got the short straw :(. I hope you somehow get your issues fixed. Let us know what your tests say, if you don't mind sharing the results, of course!

Mattmc74 likes this.
  9. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

Man I wish I could have some adamantium claws! That would be so bad ass!!!!

10. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

Got a call from the doctors office today and the surgery for the right hand will be on the 19th. I don't have the time of the day as of yet but they will call me back on what time I have to be there. Then 2 more weeks off and then its back to work making Ziplok bags again for this guy.

11. Chris Migdalski

good luck hope everything works out...This monday afternoon i get all my results from my 7 vile blood test...freaking out and having parkinsons' is bad enough....

Mattmc74 likes this.
  12. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

Best of luck man!

13. Alberto7

Good luck to both of you!

14. Chris Migdalski

Greetings I have a test update!!!
    I was really stressed out and I even got to the health clinic 30 min early. Well, they took me right back and immediately performed chest xRays , EKG? for my heart, and a few other things which I was freaking out. Then, I got moved into a waiting room and fell asleep waiting waiting (agonzing)...finally the doc comes in after an hour (literely) waiting and says for 36years old I'm in great shape for my age (nice BUT????) he started reading my results from the blood work which were remarkably in spec (awesome) the only thing was my Vitamine D level was way too low (Being in florida I thought was odd)...So it looks like I just have to take 2000 I.U of D3 daily along with 2500MCG of B12 assigned by my parkinsons doc along with MIRA PEX....anyway I took them earlier and feel great in just a short period of time after...I was even playing much better earlier...my confidence is shining and Im ambitious to get out to play....next friday cant get here quick enough...so I feel very relieved!!!!

Now I have hope that when my RAN invader 8 string V shows up in a few weeks I wont be afraid my fingers wont move!!! The combination of meds is definitely working for me...I will post the new guitar opening too

Chris

15. Alberto7

Wow man, that sounds like great news! For the first half of that paragraph I was getting worried! It seems to me you have a will of steel, having ordered a new guitar even before you knew any results. That's what I call hope haha and what do you know? It seems to have paid off very well. Quite an example there. I'm glad man!

Now let's see how Matt's surgery goes! Hopefully as good as the first one (from which the recovery time I still find remarkable).

16. Chris Migdalski

good luck MATT

17. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

:yesway: :hbang: :yesway: :hbang: :yesway:

Thats great to hear man!!! I'm glad everything went well. Now get off them damn computer and start jamming!!!:shred: :shred: :shred:

18. Chris Migdalski

here is the digital mockup

19. Alberto7

Sweet Lord, that is pointy! :eek: And I absolutely love the green pinstripes! V's are usually not my thing, but that one is awesome. It reminds me of a super extreme version of the Alexi Laiho signature. The beveled edges with the pinstripes are what reminded me of it.

20. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

Very cool! Looks like it could be used as a weapon as well!