Car Sales Facebook

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by lelandbowman3, Nov 14, 2016.

1. lelandbowman3

lelandbowman3 SS.org Regular

Hey guys.

So I'm trying to expand my branding by putting myself on facebook to promote, similarly to how a band would. I'm not sure if anyone is in car sales on here, but I'm the senior internet salesperson at my local Toyota store, and I think it'd be a lot easier to get traffic for me, personally, via social media. In my line of work, you have to get as many people as you can in a "funnel." It's simple math: more people coming in means more people are buying from me. Let me know what you think, what content you'd like to see, or just go "like" my page and show some love!

http://facebook.com/lelandsellstoyotas

Thanks!

2. lelandbowman3

I'm thinking of promoting a different "hot deal" every week, like a spotlight-type ad to run for a week or so, once the page gets up and going. Thoughts?

3. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

be worth a try...just be sure your price is cheaper than the competitions.

also mention toyota's awesome quality and great resale value in your ads. they are the best vehicles i've ever owned. currently i dd an 05 xrunner (swb) and recently bought my wife a 2016 tx ed. crew cab tacoma.

i used to own a 93 mkiv supra, but now have a 95 supra as my new project :cool:

4. endmysuffering

endmysuffering I'm serious

Thats awesome, too bad taxes on vehicles with engines over 2 litres are ridiculous in the caribbean.

5. lelandbowman3

Mech, that's pretty sick! I love the Tacoma, but you're actually IN TX, so I assume it's easier to get than it is over in GA! The TRD Pro Tacoma is on a waiting list for over here :/

6. lelandbowman3

If anyone's interested, I've gotten 5 leads from Facebook since I started it. It's starting to get some good exposure.

7. M3CHK1LLA

i didnt know that was taxed like that....it explains the lack of cooler cars i saw when i went diving in curacao and then twice in bonaire. there were a lot of bikes and riced-out civics and such.

yeah, the wife loves it. it does look pretty cool with the larger black alloy wheels and black step bar. it seems like it sits a little taller than a normal taco.

my xr is low of course, just like i like my cars :cool:

8. M3CHK1LLA

i didnt know thay were taxed like that....it explains the lack of cooler cars i saw when i went diving in curacao and then twice in bonaire. there were a lot of bikes and riced-out civics and such tho.

yeah, the wife loves it. it does look pretty cool with the larger black alloy wheels and black step bar. it seems like it sits a little taller than a normal taco too.

my xr is low of course, just like i like my cars :cool:

9. lelandbowman3

So here's my results for about a month of facebook advertising: it CAN work, but you have to invest serious money into it. I've spent about $100 on numerous posts, but I'm sure that I would have gotten better clicks and call results if I had one post that I promoted for $100 all month. Just like any business, you have to have an enticing enough tag that's super short and creates need and urgency. So, if anyone else was wondering, there's my $.02

10. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I'm no expert, but I don't feel like pushing a band vs. a car sales place is not the same in this sense. I understand creating a "need" in terms of drawing an audience to view a piece of art, but a car dealer doesn't really "create a need" so much as fulfill one - the need exists already. People already need cars to get places, go to work, make a living etc., where nobody "needs" music.

That's not to say you can't use some of the same methods, but the goals are not the same. In music, you need to put yourself in front of people when they aren't necessarily looking for you. With cars, you want to put yourself where people are already going to look- because people who need cars are going to seek them out.

Seems to me like the best way to drive people towards your business is to make sure that when someone has that need- when they go looking- you're what they find. That means search engine optimization, and ads in papers and whatever sites people in that area use, things like that. I know that where I am, people looking for cars will look two places first: AutoTrader (both the paper copy and online), and Kijiji (kind of like Craigslist, but in Canada). Failing that, they might just type something into google and see what they get. It's very unlikely that they'd use Facebook for that kind of thing, at least not as a starting point.

:2c:

11. mniel8195

mniel8195 SS.org Regular

Step your shoe game up. Salesman should have nice shoes no matter what!

12. lelandbowman3

Johnston and Murphy: Monk Strap Nolen!!

13. lelandbowman3

Exposure is the game in sales and reputation is everything. You can't live solely on random ups every day. Repeat and referrals are where the money is, and social media is capable of spreading and sharing like wildfire. Sure, people can locate a car they want via cargurus or whatever, but those websites can't sell you a car. People are more open to ask for a specific person when they see that multiple people they know have had great service from, which is why I chose facebook for this route.