Can you shave a hell raiser neck

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by Two Panthers, Feb 7, 2018.

1. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

I really don't like Kahlers, but I wouldn't call them "crap".

They're just so maintenance intensive, gotta keep them wheels moving, and feel kinda weird if you're moving from fulcrum units.

The quality on the USA stuff is solid. Like, really solid machining and finishing. Materials are good too.

They can keep tune decently as well, at least for a non-locking bridge. You just have to seat the ball end of the string really well and not dive far enough to dislodge them.

AxeHappy and Two Panthers like this.
  2. Two Panthers

Two Panthers SS.org Regular

Can anyone tell me of a thin (SLS, ultra thin U or D profile, like ESP or Ibanez ) 28” .?

Max , you really know your stuff huh? I,pressive

3. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Schecter Bansheee Elite... I have one the neck is in no way bat like, I will try and snap some pictures later today and upload them to this thread

Two Panthers likes this.
  4. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

actually I guess no OFR on the banshee elite

5. bachandroll

bachandroll SS.org Regular

Many of the Agile models come with a Floyd and 28.625" scale. I had an Intrepid 828 with an ebony fb and a neck which was WAY less obese than the specs of the standard Schecter. I paid $75 for a fret level and setup then had zero problems for the three years I owned it. Even If you bought one without a Floyd, you could easily be under $1k after purchasing the HW and having it installed. YMMV, of course.

Two Panthers likes this.
  6. Two Panthers

Two Panthers SS.org Regular

Right but I think that defeats any economical approach to a trial at that point man, like I want a decent instrument that I can keep if I like , sell if I want to unload or upgrade, but i also don’t want any higher than 28”

I played 25.5-26.5” and those were far too short...27” was a bit better, but I can tell 28” would’ve been ideal...and it is...any longer is too long, any shorter doesn’t work

If I went to 28.7” like I rather just get the m80m which is what I am trying to avoid...I think I can find one for under 1k probably so I guess I’ll keep my eye out for that

I do want to thank you for the replies, because I looked all over, and you guys confirmed that that is the only one with both

So I guess I’ll keep this until someone’s buys it, and then buy the m80m

What would a ok price be considering not many people seem to be into this model, and it’s too bad....the guitar is actually really nice, but I don’t like Gibson style C necks

7. gujukal

gujukal SS.org Regular

If you don't wanna shave the neck you could get a RAN. 28" scale and they might have floyd Rose. Very comfy and thin necks.