Can I get a hand with a vst problem?

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by swith1012, Dec 6, 2010.

1. swith1012

swith1012 SS.org Regular

Hi guys!

I'm having issues with my sonar 8.5pe. I'm just trying to do midi soft synth type stuff, I've got an M-audio keyrig49 to do so with. When I load in a new blank project I add in MIDI track, so far so good. I send my in to the keyrig, ok now I'm hearing the generic microsoft gs wavetable piano, not what I'm after! I load in synth1 into my synthrack send my out to the synth1 and no sound...what am I missing? Thanks for any help

Switch

2. swith1012

swith1012 SS.org Regular

I'm sure it's something stupidly simple I'm just overlooking the obvious. Any help would be appreciated!

3. String7th

String7th SS.org Regular

If it's playing your windows MIDI I'd suggest you re-install the drivers for the Keyrig, and in the windows control pannel/sounds and audio devices, make sure MIDI playback is assigned to the interface.

4. KoenDercksen

KoenDercksen Quantum Realm

Also, from what you're saying I can't figure out if you're sending the out from the midi track to the synth1 or what? You should send the input signal of your keyrig to the synth1, not the output of that Microsoft Wave synth... But then again this is all a little vague because I'm not used to Sonar.

5. swith1012

swith1012 SS.org Regular

Sorry for the vaugeness lol my coffee didn't kick in this morning! But I'll try everything you guys have said this evening and let you know what's up! Thanks!

6. btfsam

btfsam Banned

what vst are you loading for synth?
    as far as i know you should load your vst, then add midi track. Assign the midi track to what vst you have loaded by setting the output of it to the vst and then assign your keyrig to the input of the midi track . Also try highlighting the midi track by clicking on it.