Calling SR300e owners

Discussion in 'Bass Guitar Discussion' started by linqua, Jan 29, 2018.

1. linqua

linqua SS.org Regular

Hello i think i am having an issue with my SR300e. a while back no sound would come through unless i played excessively hard or slapped. so i figured some cap wasnt discharging properly, and poked around with a meter. i managed to discharge one of the caps and it would play again. i emailed ibanez but they never responded, at the time it was in warranty, but i mostly started using a friends bass at our studio because there we play in a different tuning and i wasnt focusing so hard on my own stuff so i forgot about it for a while. now im back at it with my personal setup and ive noticed that my tone seems to be pretty undefined. im not really a bass player so im a little unsure if the bass is just a dark sound but it seems i might have a problem in the electronics, especially when comparing it to demos of the SR300e on the internet. some even complained of it having too much treble capability on tap. i ran a DI of it through a spectral analyzer and it seems im not getting anything above like 6k ish which seems bad because the response for the active eq listed on ibanez website for this bass is +/-16db at 10k. the treble control seems to work but it still doesnt seem to make the sound clear and defined, i am maxing it out and it still seems like it needs more. again, im unsure because i relatively new to bass but this doesnt seem quite right.

tl;dr can anyone who has this bass send me a DI of some simple notes so i can compare it to my own DI tracks to debug this issue? preferably with flat eq settings on middle/multiple pickup positions. i play in D standard/drop C so that would help but not completely necessary. attached is the response when playing open D note.

thanks a lot

Attached Files:

2. odibrom

odibrom .

I don't have one, so take this as my 2 cents. Have you ruled out the battery. It looks like a dead battery behavior...

3. linqua

linqua SS.org Regular

swapping batteries was the first thing i tried thanks for the response tho

4. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

It should still be under warranty, as this could be construed as a manufacturing defect. Call HUSA 215-638-8670 and tell them you want your bass checked out and they'll direct you to the nearest authorized repair center. As long as you didn't beat the bass to dirt, it should be fixed for free.