Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 coming November 2011

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Stealth7, May 20, 2011.

1. Scar Symmetry

Scar Symmetry Ex Whiny Bitch

I have 12,000 kills and yet I don't live with my parents and I enjoy a very active social life :) it's all about knowing the game :yesway:

2. AgileLefty

AgileLefty hates brand snobs

yup :yesway:

i have a 28.50 W/L ratio, 2.20 K/D, and I'm ranked in the top 100 all-time for CTF. i can't even remember the last time we lost a game.

i only play for 2 hours a night, and hardly ever on weekends. if you are good, and play with the same time all the time, you don't need to make up excuses for getting killed and how the game is somehow unfair to only you.

even when i pull host, i still get lag. it's just part of the game. we still manage to do good because we play as a team.

3. Scar Symmetry

My K/D suffers quite a lot from me drinking before, during and after being online :lol:

Also playing hungover is not good for the stats... fuck it.

4. Uncreative123

Uncreative123 SS.org Regular

False. You are punished for having a better connection and rewarded for having a shitty connection- i.e. it IS unfair to you. The lag-compensation in conjunction with not using dedicated servers makes it bullshit. I have watched dozens of videos on this now, including the one above that everyone should watch, and am blown away by how idiotic it is.

Some might find this video helpful in compensating for this issue:

And yeah, I think half the people I play with have 40k+ kills and they only play a couple hours a night. I'm somewhere around 24k.

5. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

My comment was a little out of line, because I'm the same way and spoke before thinking... easy mistake to do on the world wide interwebz. I haven't played in a few weeks, but an hour or two a day does add up if you know the maps,guns, strategies, etc. well. I think I was somewhere around 7 or 8000 kills with fairly low game time, so it's doable without being mom's basement warrior.

6. MikeyLHolm

MikeyLHolm SS.org Regular

Played the other day some 6v6 with party of four. I was about to fall asleep, so fucking boring. Half games people ragequit and other half they don't bother trying to win. Playing 6v6 with more than like 1 mate is close to totally useless, same playing GW with like 5-6 people. My all win streaks come usually in party of 2 since just havnig more is too dull. Close games are best and you won't get them in big party. It is different ofc if you play vs some serious parties, but does not happen in pubs.

CTF i haven't played more than few games just due the wait times between deaths. Same shit with SnD and all the camping it involves.

I'm action/adrenaline junkie and i can't get that by playing conservative or winning every game in big party. I can hold 2+ k/d and w/l while playing objective in GW alone already. Using something like ACR is so fucking overpowered. Even tho some SMGs are really good, playing close quarters just is so much more difficult than picking kills from range with lazerguns. I think i get "most time close enemies" -accolady in around 30% of my games including times i play with sniper, LMG, AR and what not.

I also have good connection so i end up as host alot in GW and have to leave the game due it being unplayable often as host with all the fps-lag and what-not.

7. Scar Symmetry

Lag compensation is the stupidest thing EVER. In my flat we have a really good connection so we end up getting fucked half the time because it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to get kills, no matter how well we play play or how bad the other team play. It's ridiculous, I really don't understand how it benefits anyone.

I don't rage quit, but if we get a game where we are getting fucked because we're the host then I leave. I won't sit there and get raped while everyone else uses up our awesome connection.

8. GazPots

GazPots Is A Complete Idiot.

Pulled a quality "surprise motherfucker" moment on someone there.

Called in a juggernaut care package and it landed standing up just as a guy started spraying bullets at me. Naturally i hide behind the carepackage and survive while taking it. Just as he's out of bullets and reloading the package is taken and i become the juggernaut and shout surprise motherfucker! Cue much laughing from me as the guy starts to run away like a little girl.

Shame my M60 cut him down real fast. :lol:

To be fair though, if i'd unloaded a clip at someone who hid behind a care package and then out pops a juggernaut i'd run like fuck too. :rofl:

Edit - side note here. I earned the 14 point streak for the juggernaut and successfully called it in. Yet after the game i checked the challenges and it says i have brought zero juggernaut rewards in. Clearly lies since i just owned as one in the previous game. What the fuck? Anyone else had strange goings on like this?

9. AgileLefty

^ HAHA!!

spawn trapping on Fallen last night, I got two multi kills with the Javelin. the first was 5 of them, the second one was the whole fucking team !!

10. GazPots

6 man javellin kill? Damn. :lol:

11. AgileLefty

it was pretty sick. the first one where i got 5 i couldn't stop laughing. the 2nd one was with about 30 seconds left in the game.

as soon as it was over, the whole other team backed out and i got hatemail from all of them. bitching about spawn trapping, cheating, camping, ect... all the typical shit we get.

it takes serious skill and teamwork to set up a 6 man spawntrap on CTF and not let anybody get out. and since we have learned the spawns on each map by paying attention to positions when an advanced UAV is up, it would be stupid for us to allow the team to spawn and get out just to kill us.

it's great when we go up against another full squad who plays CTF, those are insane crazy battles !!

12. GazPots

Got myself a quad noobtube on domination earlier. Mucho satisfying. :D

Also been raping with the Mg36. Slap some impact on it and a grip and go to town ripping people through huge ass walls and shit. The amount of headshots you get with it is ridiculous. :lol:

As for the old spawn rape, i got chucked into a game midflow and the team i was on was getting absolutly spawn raped into oblivion (domination). I ended up stickin my riot shield/blast shield combo on and walking out and paving the way. If i didn't bother doing that i'm sure my teammates would have gladly become cannon fodder for the rest of the game. Sometimes i wonder what type of idiots play these games lol. :lol:

13. AgileLefty

EXACTLY! the only idiots who complain about getting spawn raped, are the ones who aren't good enough to break out of it.

we've had teams do it to us for a minute or two, but we quickly get out of it by either using a quick drop shot right at the spawn time, riot shields, tactical inserts, ect...

but seriously, if you KNOW where each of the spawns are (between 6 and 7 different spots depending on the map for CTF), then it's foolish to NOT watch those spots. if you don't, they will only get out and shoot you in the back.

haha!

14. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

Played for the first time in weeks, if not a month+, and felt so lost at the game for the first few rounds I played. Hopefully I can scrounge up some old skills/technique I had going.

15. MED

MED SS.org Regular

Agreed! Aren't you excited for BLOPS2!???

16. GazPots

Nope, i'm officially done with COD after MW3 unless they get rid of the ridiculous lag system that they currently use.

Edit - playing infected is useless. People are knifing fresh air around me and killing me. My bullets went down a 4 foot wide corridor and magically miss everything. What a lot of balls this game is.

17. Nile

Nile Giver of the Likes

Exactly what I was just about to post.

FUCK MW3! :wallbash:

If I'm standing over a kid shooting him with akimbo FMG9's and he doesn't die, whips around and kills me in 2 bullets with an ACR, somethings obviously fucked.

Eat a dick IW/Sledgehammer.

18. Prydogga

Prydogga Giddyup.

Finally all you Northern Hemisphere players get to know how bad it was in COD4. I played that game for 2 years and maybe got 20% good connection, everything else was as laggy as what I'm hearing now. :coffee:

19. GazPots

:lol:

Cod 4 was the shit with a good connection. Good times were had on that game. So many good times.

*sheds tear*

20. GazPots

Or as i had on my screen while hosting, a guy ran past me and i started to shoot him in the back from less than a foot. I die as he's facing THE OTHER WAY and he tells me he was shooting me in the face the whole time on his screen.

Wut?