Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 coming November 2011

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Stealth7, May 20, 2011.

1. Stealth7

Stealth7 SS.org Irregular

Mn3mic likes this.
  2. Kryss

Kryss Your new god!

i'm actually far more interested in battlefield. infinity ward was pretty much disbanded and this is not the same bunch that created MW2. if they actually make an xbox live SERVER i might consider picking it up. otherwise the modded lobbies and hackers will just take it over like they did MW2. almost every other lobby was hacked and it had gotten to the point where a fun game was so pathetically hacked that i traded it in 6 months after i got it. no worries about that with Battlefield since they actually have servers.

and yes i was a very very good player ranked in the top 100k out of 8 mil players or so on live for a time, and have actually done well enough to get my 25+ kill streaks in games. :D

3. Curt

Curt Djackass

Hopefully they will release a beta for this so I can see what the gameplay will be like before I even think about buying it...

4. Prydogga

Prydogga Giddyup.

inb4 call of duty hate.

To be very clear.

Treyarch make great games. They have the name Call Of Duty attached, but in my opinion, they are NOT Call of Duty games. Call Of Duty games are Infinity Ward, and they always have been. All the way back to before they were big, and even further back to when they made Medal Of Honour games.

If it weren't for Treyarch making a game every year IW didn't, people would be less likely to say that CoD games are all the same, and that they're over saturating the market. So to me, I enjoy Treyarch games, but for me, the real excitement and experience can come from an IW game. I still prefer even CoD4 to Black Ops.

I'm excited for this.

5. InTheRavensName

InTheRavensName Dog says yes ^.^ Yes

^ My sentiments exactly Prydogga!

6. DavyH

DavyH Elderly juvenile

Too much talk in the TG article about the online content.

I do not like online play in the least. This needs a good single player campaign* to get the old farts (such as, I hardly need to say, myself) interested again.

Agreed with Prydogga. Inifinty Ward = CoD.

*that lasts more than 20 minutes.

7. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

In my opinion, the only good IW COD game was COD4 in terms of single player. MW2 was absolutely awful in that regard and I wasn't going anywhere near the online mode.

I'm holding my breath for Battlefield 3 to be honest but I know my little bro will get this so I'll see how MW3 turns out.

8. mikernaut

mikernaut pixel pusher

I'm staying the hell away, being that Raven is helping out and I have experienced their dysfunction, idiocracy and destruction of games 1st hand I will just stick with BF3 which is looking stellar.

Also like others have mentioned Infinity Ward is just a shell of what it was after numerous people left thanks to Activision.

9. Taylor2

Taylor2 Teh Groove Metuhl

Sorry dude, but really?
    I've played MW2 pretty well every night for the last 2 weeks (getting hooked again -_-) and the only 'modders and hackers' I've seen are people who modded their gamertag.
    Nothing else.

I don't know where people keep coming up with this whole dedicated server thing, but it has nothing to do with IW or TreyArch. Activision are the ones that control that.
    Just like EA are the guys who control that for BF.
    And interestingly enough, when I play BF BC2, 95% of the servers I play on, aren't even EA's servers, and some are hacked too.

Modern Warfare 3 will be good. It's kind of hard to make a game worse then Black Ops.

But do some of you REALLY think that with THREE developers making this game, AND had been making this game since the day after MW2's release, it's going to be bad?

With any small degree of logic I quite disagree.

A lot of people bang on about how shitty MW2 is because of hackers and small exploits, without knowing ANYTHING as to why they exist.

Is anyone (other then Alex) aware that IW had fixes for all of these exploits and had a team dedicated to banning people?

I'm guessing not.

But see, when you're in a multi-million dollar lawsuit with the umbrella company funding everything for you, your focus tends to shift towards getting food on the table rather then fixing small issues in a video game.

Sure, Grenade Launchers and commando are a bit of an issue. Can you still play the game? I seem to be able to. A 33-5 game last night seems to prove that.
    At least you can actually PLAY it.
    Black Ops is so broken it's hilarious.
    Nothing quite like shooting 30 rounds into someone and having them flinch, turn around, and kill you instantly.

/end rant.

MW3 will be good.

Prydogga likes this.
  10. GazPots

GazPots Is A Complete Idiot.

I predict it will outsell BLOPS. By a shit load.

11. ittoa666

ittoa666 /)'3'(\

I fully support treyarch's games, and find them to be a tiny bit better than IW's, but IW did come up with it, and without them, we may never see the true successor to COD 4 (the best shooter ever made).

Unless it's the best game ever and it revolutionizes shooters, I won't have much interest. COD is getting boring. EA is offering a much more interesting looking game in Battlefield, so I might skip this title.

12. vampiregenocide

vampiregenocide A Chap Called Ross

The Modern Warfare series has always been better than anything Treyarch has done imo. I'm looking forward to this I just hope they support it better than they did the last one.

13. ittoa666

ittoa666 /)'3'(\

The non-support of the last game was what killed it for me. Too many unchecked cheaters, hackers, and glitchers.

14. Prydogga

Prydogga Giddyup.

Like Taylor said, the non-support was only after the lawsuit and 'insubordination' charges. Modding and hacking was on a crazily high scale shortly after the game came out, and remember the exploding RPG/Javelin (I forget which) situation? They fixed all that, it wasn't until IW was being ruined that support stopped.

Isn't this game supposed to be a joint venture between Activision's Infinity Ward and the people who left IW? That's what I was hearing before MW3 was actually 100% confirmed. If that's the case, this game will RAPE.

The thing with MW2, is IW responded to fans wishes of more customization, more technology, more this and that, and so they went a bit overboard (not in my opinion) with options, and it became abused. (Unlimited claymores and noob tubes with OMA) and now after all that, they will know to beta test these issues, and make sure they improve from the last game, like they improved from CoD4.

15. ittoa666

ittoa666 /)'3'(\

I would love rainbow six vegas style customization and custom gun camos, but they probably won't. :( I don't know why they won't add cool stuff like that. And yes, a beta test is a MUST this time around.

16. Kryss

Kryss Your new god!

trust me dude MW2 lobbies were hacked in almost every other lobby at one point. people were getting nukes in care packages. unlimited emps in care packeges etc. the mods where you can see all the enemies online. it was incredibly ridiculous about 4-6 months after release. if there is no dedicated server for MW3 prepare to be raped again by the hackers online. MW2 imo was probably by far the most hacked game i've ever seen in an online game. the worst one was the instant kill chopper gunner. when that got big i traded in my game and retired from it. after i saw that one about a week later it was running wild in many of the lobbies.

17. ittoa666

ittoa666 /)'3'(\

I also traded mine in after seeing all the hacks. :noplease: I mean, what a piece of crap. I don't care if your company is going under, you need to fix the broken game. Sometimes I wonder if IW wanted all this to happen.

18. Scar Symmetry

Scar Symmetry Ex Whiny Bitch

:agreed:

8 Ways Modern Warfare 3 Can Keep Call of Duty on Top

19. ittoa666

ittoa666 /)'3'(\

I agree with everything on that list, especially the part about keeping treyarch's ideas. That always bugged me. I loved last stand in WaW, but they killed the teamwork aspect in mw2 by not adding revives. Along with that, they need to add a bit more teamwork oriented activity.

20. Kryss

Kryss Your new god!

just in case you want an example of how shitty the hacks can get. this guy doesn't even aim and his p90 shoots chopper gunner rounds across the map with an aim bot.