Call of Duty: Black Ops

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Scar Symmetry, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Mindcrime1204

Mindcrime1204 SS.org Regular

Regular TDM (max 12 players)= 7500 to win

Ground War (max 18 players)= 10000 to win

2. Bobo

Bobo SS.org Regular

Is the G11 considered good? Seems like most run the Famas, both AK's, maybe Galil, but I don't see the G11 much. Maybe because it's unlocked so high up?

I thought it was a bit hard to use first, and maybe full auto guns have the advantage in this game, but damn that G11 is fun w/o or w/ either scope. I guess I can deal with being at a disadvantage for more satisfying gameplay.

And I guess I just gotta keep prestiging. Way too many cool gun combos/perks to run. Hope MW3 can do even better :agreed:

3. ittoa666

ittoa666 /)'3'(\

Just played the most ridiculous match ever. S&D on nuketown, everyone running around with ballistic knives. Retardedly broken.

:edit: Just saw a guy firing his m14 full auto. Time to report him. Wonder if I can call xbox for faster results?

4. GazPots

GazPots Is A Complete Idiot.

It is a good gun but lacks in attachments which sucks the big one. On the plus side it's got a HUGE clip and is very accurate up to medium range.

It's the only sniper scope weapon to benefit the "faster aim down sights" of sleight of hand making for some interesting battles when you get surprised. :lol:

If you could run a silenced G11 i'd be happy. But you can't.......:(

5. Mindcrime1204

Controller with mods.

I know you wont, but you can buy the parts cheap to mod em off ebay/online.

6. Bobo

Bobo SS.org Regular

Yeah I thought it was odd that the attachments were lacking. And I do feel like the sound of the gun kinda gives my position away easier, kinda like the M60...the silencer idea is a good one. I'd love to see the gun back for MW3, but yeah more attachments please.

7. ittoa666

ittoa666 /)'3'(\

I know. I reported him 10 times :evil:

8. MFB

MFB ExBendable

This.

I used to use the G11 without any kind of scope or anything, and it fucking ruled. Would a silencer be nice? Yeah, but I'm still fine with running around hearing the little burst and then going back to being sneaky.

9. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

Yet another reason I love PC, on certain guns it will detect if you're using an auto-fire mouse because it will literally stop your firing completely for like 3+ seconds to deter people from abusing using hardware. Sadly, I have a VERY quick trigger hand and have had that policy stop me firing dead in the middle of a fire-fight because I guess it triggered that blocker. :squint: LAME! :lol: You would think the software would be able to detect that they're not even clicks like it would be if it were automated but I guess not. :(

Also on a side note I'm like in the 30's on Prestige 14, almost there! :D

10. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep SS.org Regular

On the past few days i've been just playing Zombies. Mostly in Ascension. It's so much fun! ..Especially if you make it to round 14 or something... :D

In MP, im just about to reach Prestige lvl 5. And im gonna keep on going, at least until MW3 is released.

Everytime i read this thread, i wanna play more BO, and i think im just gonna do it...

11. Black_Sheep

So, anyone got the Annihilation map pack yet? It's just now available for PS3... how good is it?

I wasn't completely happy with the first strike maps.. And i haven't gotten Escalation yet either. But i must add that "Convoy" looks like a cool map :D

12. Mindcrime1204

I got it about a month ago. I'll say my fav map of the new maps is Hazard because I love sniping. I can normally do 25-30 kills with only dying maybe 4 or 5 times everytime I play it.

13. Black_Sheep

Nice. More sniping maps.

I liked how First Strike had both, a sniping map and a non-sniping map. :D

14. Bobo

Bobo SS.org Regular

The new map pack is pretty good imo. Hazard is fun for sniping, and it's fun killing people on a golf course right? Drive In is a smaller map, which I like. Hanger 18 is kinda small too, but there are some sniping points (Drive In has some too). Silo is my least fav, but even it is not bad.

15. Black_Sheep

Alright. It seems that the Black Ops map packs are far better than the ones for MW2.

Im gonna dl Escalation and Annihilation soon i think :)

16. Ninetyfour

Ninetyfour SS.org Regular

So Ressurection has just been announced, an entire map pack full of Zombie DLC, which consists of all of the World At War maps. What does everybody think?

Just when you thought Call of Duty couldn't me milked anymore. World At War is now unplayable, and to combat this Treyarch have offered to... make us pay for our maps, again. I want a refund, this shit is getting far beyond a joke with this brand.

/rant

17. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

What do I think about it? Fuck 'em. I haven't bought a single piece of DLC for the COD series. Why? Because 90% of it they already had and held back intentionally so they could force you to essentially pay for a 2nd copy's-worth of the game to get the DLC. Fuck that noise. :lol: If they don't want to include it when the game comes out (i.e. like Battlefield 3 is doing for pre-orders :yesway:) I'm not paying them extra for it. :2c:

I've been playing the BF3 Alpha but that's either over or the servers hit capacity while I was trying to join last night because it wasn't loading, so I switched back over to Black Ops for a bit. I'm about to prestige to 15! :D Those last few levels from like 40-50 are always a bitch to blow through, the first 30 or so are easy peasy. :D Now I have to get back all of my "Pro" level perks. :( Some of them (like marathon pro) are a pain in the ass. :lol:

18. Black_Sheep

I pre-ordered the Hardened Edition of Black Ops back in the day, and along with it i got a code allowing me to download all the Wolrd At War zombie maps. For free, of course.

Isn't there also supposed to be a new multiplayer map DLC pack coming. The last one. I remember it was called "Retaliation" or something like that. Dunno. STILL, haven't bought Escalation or Annihilation. Might just do when i get home though..

19. Bobo

Bobo SS.org Regular

Dang mang that's a lot of prestiging. I've only played this game a month, so I'm only prestige 3, but I think I may be done with prestiging. Why? You guessed it. Marathon fucking Pro :scream: :lol: Love it for runin' n gunin' but the CTF part blew balls. Also, I hate having to wait till 44 to get the lovely G11.

Otoh, I can't stop playing with different gun/perk combos. More Classes sure be tempting...

20. Black_Sheep

I recently reached prestige lvl 6. And im soon about to reach lvl 7 :D