Buying New 7; Anyone own a J Custom?

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by MagicFarmer, Oct 29, 2014.

1. MagicFarmer

MagicFarmer SS.org Regular

Hey everyone,

The time has come for me to finally take the plunge and get a high-end guitar after a long time of playing middle of the road guitars. For years I've wanted to pick up a 7 string Ibanez J. Custom so that is the direction of my thinking right now.

Does anyone own one? I am thinking of waiting for something good to come up on ebay but am weary about buying an expensive guitar without ever having played it first. For those of you who have one/have played one, how do they stack up to what else is out there? How do they compare to a Universe?

I have a 90's RG550 and love the neck and playability. I recently had the opportunity to play a JCRG20126SRU and was pretty blown away at the quality.

Just looking for some insight!

2. Churchie777

Churchie777 SS.org Regular

i owned a 8527Z the build quality is easily some of the highest you can get also best fret work ive seen, you can not go wrong pulling the trigger on a j custom

3. decreebass

decreebass ...Mulva?

SSo user Nestlecrunch808 has a couple. Might be worth PM'ing him. From what I've seen, felt, and heard, they are exceptional.

4. ihunda

ihunda SS.org Regular

I have a 6 string j custom, it's an amazing axe, the only concern is the choice of trem, Edge Zero tremolo w/ZPS3. Not the best Ibanez has to offer.

5. beyondcosmos

beyondcosmos SS.org Regular

Having played the JCRG2012 with the ZPS3 bridge, and knowing that Ibanez brought the Lo-Pro 7 back for the regular RG and S Prestige 7 strings, I'd go as far as to say..... wait and see what Ibanez has in store for the future.